Changing the way the world thinks about food delivery is what we’re all about. That’s why we love bringing amazing restaurant food to people like you – whether it’s juicy burgers, fiery curries or fresh poké bowls.
It’s been been a whirlwind of a journey since our launch in 2013 – we’re now in 12 countries and over 200 cities, with stylish headquarters based in the heart of London.
As a food obsessed, friendly bunch, we enjoy brainstorming ideas to solve business challenges – and we’re not afraid of making great ones happen fast.
Operations in UAE
We’re looking for a talented individual to join our Operations department. This team is responsible for ensuring a seamless delivery service is provided from start to finish. With an in-depth understanding of the bigger picture, you will have the responsibility of keeping our riders on the road by ensuring they have the vehicle they need. The right individual must have experience in organising and managing a large group of physical assets.
- Manage the Deliveroo motorcycle fleet, ensuring that:
- Supply levels meet business requirements
- Fleet state is aligned with Deliveroo HQ strategy
- A detailed fleet state summary is shared with the wider team daily.
- Manage contracts and ensuring vendors/suppliers adhere to terms & conditions.
- Manage the timely maintenance and secure storage of vehicles.
- Ensure that each motorcycle is legally registered according to UAE law.
- Ensure that each vehicle has the authorised delivery box installed on it.
- Manage all associated fleet costs (e.g.rental fees, fuel, salik and traffic fines) and continually implement cost saving measures.
- Setting up vendors/suppliers on internal business systems and raising purchase orders to pay vendors/suppliers in a timely manner.
- Manage the Vehicle Use Policy for all rider agencies and ensure they adhere to it.
- Discover ways to improve sustainability and reduce the fleet’s carbon footprint.
- Continually analyse, create and improve fleet management processes.
- Numerate degree from a reputable university (that said, we will consider equivalent professional and life experience).
- Min. 1-2 years of UAE experience, managing a fleet of vehicles preferably motorcycles.
- Experience of working with complex teams and people from a variety of backgrounds / nationalities.
- Exceptional management skills and a keen eye for business metrics.
- Driven and confident personality, who executes with speed.
- Creative mindset with an openness to implement a variety of solutions.
- Effective communicator who is an attentive listener.
- Fluent written and spoken English. Arabic, Urdu & Hindi Language is also a bonus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Excel, or Google equivalents, and a keen eye for data.
- A valid UAE motorcycle license is a bonus.
- Free food and LOTS of it
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Subsidised gym membership
- An extremely fun team to work alongside!
- Abundance of great online learning courses delivered by global universities
- The opportunity to grow within a fast paced progressive organisation.
- Team Thursday lunches from our amazing restaurant partners and regular tasting sessions.
- Annual return flight ticket to your home country