Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to sink your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for-all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 160 cities.
Operations at Deliveroo
The Operations function is at the heart of the business – we ensure a seamless delivery service for customers, from start to finish. As we continue phenomenal growth, the challenge to operate sustainably becomes ever harder. This role is about helping our markets achieve the step changes required to become the world-leader in food delivery.
- Oversee the front-line operation – understanding, analysing and driving forward our complex day-to-day logistics to ensure exceptional service levels
- Lead each component of our operations – whether it be ensuring we have enough riders in the fleet, that they’re working when we need them most, or that they have all the support that they need
- Build a platform to sustainably scale – understanding what needs to be improved to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the teams, and what we need to build now for the future
- Design the required organisational structure – and building the team to make it happen
This role demands an aggressive, entrepreneurial individual with a track-record of operational management and experience managing a large national team
- At least 3-4 years of operations management, or consulting experience
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail
- Confident communication skills for reporting to stakeholders at different levels, as well as influence people across the organisation
- Driven and confident personality, who can keep a cool head in a crisis
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a willingness to get your hands dirty
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- BIG Friday lunches – Deliveroo'd to the office of course!
- Weekly Exercise class to counteract all the amazing food!
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.