Changing the way the world thinks about food delivery is what we’re all about. That’s why we love bringing amazing restaurant food to people like you – whether it’s juicy burgers, fiery curries or fresh poké bowls.
It’s been been a whirlwind of a journey since our launch in 2013 – we’re now in 12 countries and over 200 cities, with stylish headquarters based in the heart of London.
As a food obsessed, friendly bunch, we enjoy brainstorming ideas to solve business challenges – and we’re not afraid of making great ones happen fast.
The role of the Restaurant Operations Manager is to minimise the cost of operating delivery services for our restaurant partners. This role will be responsible for building the team that designs streamlined processes to ensure that partners are always available when they want to be and have all their questions answered.
Being responsible for support KPIs across all of our markets, this role will need to work closely with local and outsourced vendors to ensure that we continue to deliver exceptional service standards.
- Design a seamless onboarding processes and ensure that systems and tools are in place for local execution
- Build processes and systems to optimise the restaurant experience when contacting Deliveroo and ensure that quality and responsiveness is maintained
- Monitor global performance, identify root causes of issues in any market and work with local executors to solve
- Work with outsourced vendors in different countries to ensure that quality and responsiveness is maintained
- Collaborate with the product team to build tools for restaurants support themselves wherever possible
- Strong problem solving ability; the candidate needs to be adept with data and be able to use this to identify and prioritise key opportunities
- Strong evidence that can build approaches, processes and tools to deliver impact
- Experience managing large teams across complex problems
- Inquisitive and forward-thinking - curious, thoughtful and happy to question the status-quo. Keeps pushing for further improvements
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders internally as well as externally
- Work at our new headquarters right by Cannon Street Station. The office has a prayer room, nap room, onsite gym, and a rooftop garden overlooking Tower Bridge. We hold firmwide meetings on our basketball court
- Flexible working, including parent friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days - all made easy by our great use of tech including video conferencing, slack, workplace
- Maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside
- Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources
- Company benefits including: discounted private healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership, cycle parking)
- Company wide tech talks with internal and external speakers, and a calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises
- Regular team off-sites
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Every Friday we order lunch for everyone from restaurants on the Deliveroo platform
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.