Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re five years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free for all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
ABOUT OUR REWARDS TEAM
Our Rewards team is dedicated to supporting Deliveroo's employees in all Global markets. Our primary goal is to have a Total Rewards package that all employees recognise, understand and value, and which will drive performance. In creating a Total Rewards brand within the broader Deliveroo employee value proposition, we aim to recruit, retain and reward.
This is a high impact role and will work closely with the human resources business managers and functional business leaders. This role will provide direction for the design, development, delivery, administration and management of all Compensation and Benefits, which balance industry best practices in alignment with the organization's growth and culture.
- Responsible for Compensation and Benefits program development, implementation and improvement. Partner with the HR teams to share knowledge and develop local plans to implement global compensation and benefits initiatives.
- Acts as the Compensation and Benefits lead for the employee reward lifecycle, including bi annual reward reviews, Benefits plan design and Stock plan design and processes.
- Working with Senior Managers to build a detailed understanding of the Compensation and Benefits environment in line with business strategy. Develop and deliver communication and feedback mechanisms to ensure employee and manager knowledge of Compensation and Benefits programs is at a high level.
- Lead market analysis, reporting and tools team to ensure local competitive market data is analysed periodically, results interpreted, and strategic action plan built.
- Identifies market trends and develops proposals to ensure we remain competitive, including partnering with Recruitment and their candidate data.
- Leads bonus plan design and stock best practise within the business.
- Supports the periodic Rem Co meetings.
- Overall program design and management of the Benefits program, ensuring competitiveness of all programs.
- Ensure cost, compliance and competitive positions in the local markets regarding Compensation & Benefits.
- Identify areas of long-term strategic development with the Compensation and Benefits environment, build business cases and support their implementation. Research issues and develop compensation and benefits solutions to key business challenges.
- Establish and maintain a close partnership with Finance team members in the areas of budgeting, planning process, and setting up and managing processes around exception request for Compensation.
- Review of regulatory/statutory provisions and make program changes to ensure compliance.
- Become an external representative to the community and industry by attending Compensation and Benefits forums to gain knowledge of best practices and the competitive landscape in Compensation and Benefits.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current employment legislation and Compensation and Benefits Practices.
- Responsible for conducting Area education/training on Compensation programs and practices.
- Supports Senior Leaders and HR Leads with retention and exceptional recognition efforts.
- Minimum 10 years of broad based and progressive experience in Compensation and Benefits, ideally in a fast paced, growing tech company.
- UK, European and International Compensation and Benefits experience, including a range of HRIS systems, ideally including Work Day.
- Outstanding execution and project management skills.
- Strategic mindset but willingness to be hands on and bring a strong sense of what operational excellence looks and feels like.
- Strong attention to detail, highly analytical with the ability to evaluate complex data and make recommendations.
- Strong customer service skills and collaborative approach to work and problem solving.
- Ability to meet deadlines and adapt to changing conditions and generate effective and pragmatic solutions to new situations and problems as they are presented.
- Ability to inspire confidence in senior leadership and other managers through timely delivery of information and plans, working independently of senior leadership, but consulting when appropriate.
- Familiarity with best practices for people processes and experience in coaching managers through these processes and leading these practices, when necessary.
- Desire to continually improve processes and exceed employee expectations.
- Strong business acumen, attention to detail and strong sense of logic.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, probe, analyse and present solution driven results.
- Advanced Excel, Google Sheets and Word.
- Experience working with a sophisticated HRIS required, experience with Workday is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Free food and LOTS of it
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- A brand new extremely impressive and fun office complete with nap room, onsite gym, basketball court and a rooftop overlooking Tower Bridge
- Subsidised gym membership
- Top-notch kit. Bring your own or we'll get you a shiny new Macbook and stuff.
- An extremely fun team to work alongside!
- Abundance of great online learning courses delivered by global universities
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.