Changing the way the world thinks about food delivery is what we’re all about. That’s why we love bringing amazing restaurant food to people like you – whether it’s juicy burgers, fiery curries or fresh poké bowls.
It’s been been a whirlwind of a journey since our launch in 2013 – we’re now in 12 countries and over 200 cities, with stylish headquarters based in the heart of London.
As a food obsessed, friendly bunch, we enjoy brainstorming ideas to solve business challenges – and we’re not afraid of making great ones happen fast.
We’re looking for a great customer insights manager to deliver a step-change in our understanding of customer behaviour and driving the translation of these insights into effective excellent creative campaigns. Reporting to the Head of Insights & Brand Strategy at Deliveroo.
- Own all our qualitative market research methods (either via a third-party or in-sourced across interviews, focus groups, online communities etc)
- Tell awesome stories about our customers with the insights gathered and responding to business requests strategically and efficiently - across all markets
- Drive and design the implementation of new qualitative projects to help bring the customer to life. This should include championing new approaches and blending methodologies including online communities, super-user test groups, segmentation and profiling etc
- Delivery of / input into excellent creative briefs for our in-house Studio (including evidence of insights on the people we’re seeking to influence, the behaviour to drive, the role communication plays in changing behaviour etc)
- Partner with the User Research team to deliver on research needs across the business and ensure work is complementary/building on shared knowledge
- An insatiable curiosity to discover the ‘why’ behind consumer behaviour, with an appreciation that asking the right questions is as important as finding the right answers
- Capable of using consumer, competitive and market data to deliver deep human understanding and interpreting this to inform strategic thinking
- Experience of various customer journey mapping methodologies and the research techniques used to inform them
- Great intuition and a daring attitude, integrating research data with other sources where appropriate
- Desire to make complex subjects digestible in order to foster internal understanding & support, acting as a guide through the data as well as the owner of it
- Ability to frame critical prioritisation decisions within the business with strong strategic marketing rationales
- A good knowledge of the media landscape and how to use channels to best effect.
- Minimum 3-4 years at a market research org on the qual side
- Seen examples of bringing customers to life across several organisations/sectors
- Academic excellence
- Start-up experience ideal but not necessary
- Fantastic exposure to scaling a tech team at a unique pace
- Work at our new headquarters right by Cannon Street Station. The office has a prayer room, nap room, onsite gym, and a rooftop garden overlooking Tower Bridge. We hold firmwide meetings on our basketball court
- Flexible working, including parent friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days - all made easy by our great use of tech including video conferencing, slack, workplace
- Maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside
- Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources
- Company benefits including: discounted private healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership, cycle parking)
- Company wide tech talks with internal and external speakers, and a calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises
- Regular team off-sites
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Every Friday we order lunch for everyone from restaurants on the Deliveroo platform
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.