When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Reporting into the Head of Operations you are responsible for managing the team which drives our continuous development of Operations Support in Taiwan.
Your goal is to be constantly innovating and iterating on processes within the department in order to drive efficiencies and improve output. Working collaboratively across all levels of your team, you will lead our efforts to improve the way the department works.
Operations Support is central to our continued success through its impact on rider retention, the prompt activation of riders and the quality of support the riders receive.
This role is based in Taipei, Taiwan.
• Lead and coach our new process optimisation team
• Lead a team. Introduce robust management processes and lead from the front.
• Collaborate across the department and the wider business to roll out new processes
• Improve our service levels by continually seeking efficiency gains
• Foster an environment of progression and continuous improvement
• Optimizing and iterating our current processes as well as evolving and developing new processes across our operating areas.
• Formulating and implementing strategy to recruit drivers for Taiwan Operations.
• Overseeing engagement and communication between Deliveroo and the riders/walker community for the creation and maintenance of a vibrant community
• Creating, improving and overseeing the onboarding and training process for riders.
• 5+ years professional experience. Members of our operations team often have backgrounds in engineering, finance, consulting, law, or computer science, or have worked in entrepreneurial or startup environments
• An attitude to ground your decision-making in data; you will combine your excellent analytical capabilities with strong business acumen to ensure you’re always working on the most impactful projects
• Strong data analytics skills, you’ll be able to interpret and present data to various audiences and translate quantitative findings into action plans.
• Process driven mentality and sound business judgment through analytical thinking.
• Proven operational and analytical experience previously.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills with great attention to detail.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.