Job Title: Global Operations Planning Associate
Location: Cannon Street, London
Closing Date: 15 December 2018
Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to sink your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for-all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and 200 cities.
Purpose of role
In this role you’ll be solving some of the most challenging and exciting operational planning questions we have to answer to become the world-leader in food delivery.
We are looking for someone who is self-driven, highly analytical, enjoys problem-solving, and is comfortable working on concurrent projects. You will be working in a dynamic team and reporting to the Global Planning Manager. The role is predominantly project-based, with a focus on high-impact global projects. You will work closely with Local, Central, Product and Finance teams across the business.
- Ensuring we have the most efficient plan for having the number of riders on the road at the right time, in the right place
- Identify what resources are needed, build budgets and set KPI bands
- Matching supply and demand – through targets setting and by creating playbooks on when/where and how to use different levers
- Create, manage and execute projects to improve operational performance in line with business priorities
- Structuring problems, and formulating a plan to implement a change. Influencing others to help you get results.
- 2-3 years in consulting, banking, or strategy-related function
- Quantitative degree from a top university (Physics, Maths, Engineering, Economics)
- Has a deep desire to solve real problems and sees the beauty of data and structure and how important these are to understanding a problem and identifying solutions
- Has exceptional organisational skills and pays attention to detail
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills with the ability to influence others
- Is adept at conducting 80/20 analysis, drawing out business insights and presenting findings and recommendations persuasively
- Ability to prioritise work by taking the impact and scale of the work into consideration, as well as managing time effectively to meet deadlines
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a willingness to get your hands dirty
- Solid Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Working knowledge of visualisation tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker, Periscope)
- Knowledge of core SQL
- Experience in “ops-heavy” businesses
- Work at our new headquarters right by Cannon Street Station. The office has a prayer room, nap room, onsite gym, and a rooftop garden overlooking Tower Bridge. We hold firmwide meetings on our basketball court
- Flexible working, including parent friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days - all made easy by our great use of tech including video conferencing, slack, workplace
- Maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside
- Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources
- Company benefits including: discounted private healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership, cycle parking)
- Company wide tech talks with internal and external speakers, and a calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises
- Regular team off-sites
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Every Friday we order lunch for everyone from restaurants on the Deliveroo platform