Changing the way the world thinks about food delivery is what we’re all about. That’s why we love bringing amazing restaurant food to people like you – whether it’s juicy burgers, fiery curries or fresh poké bowls.
It’s been been a whirlwind of a journey since our launch in 2013 – we’re now in 12 countries and over 200 cities, with stylish headquarters based in the heart of London.
As a food obsessed, friendly bunch, we enjoy brainstorming ideas to solve business challenges – and we’re not afraid of making great ones happen fast.
Deliveroo’s kit offering for riders plays an important role in the safety of riders and the rider proposition, whilst also acting as a valuable marketing channel.
As the Global Rider Kit Manager, you’ll effectively be running an ecommerce business within Deliveroo: offering market-leading kit to ~40,000 riders across the globe. In this role, you will be accountable for the entire kit value chain - from strategy to product design, pricing, distribution and promotion.
- Strategy: define the long and short term rider kit strategy to maximise return on rider kit and ensure we outperform competitors on kit safety, functionality and visibility.
- Implementation: lead the implementation of kit strategy and initiatives across all markets, coordinating with local and central teams to ensure maximum impact
- Product Design management: oversee the design and development of rider kit, working with your Product Developer to ensure we are designing high quality, and safe, kit that riders want to wear
- Pricing: develop the pricing strategy, working with finance to ensure that we provide an attractive kit proposition to riders, generating further investable value
- Distribution: manage the distribution of rider kit, seeking to optimise the customer experience whilst ensuring tight inventory management and financial responsibility
- Promotion: identify the most effective promotional approaches to drive both kit ownership and usage
- Metrics of success: define what the metrics of success are for rider kit, and how we should measure these
- Performance and reporting: measure the impact of kit initiatives to inform decisions and maximise impact of future initiatives
- People management: effectively manage and develop your team and, where required, influence stakeholders in order to achieve the kit vision
- Adaptable with a “can-do attitude” - is positive and proactive, and energised by working in a fast-paced environment characterised by constant change
- An great relationship builder - has a passion for building strong relationships across different cultures, working styles and timezones, and is able to quickly gain the trust and respect of others
- Analytical and able to quickly prioritise - is able to quickly identify opportunities, issues, inefficiencies and how big these might be; knows when to get more data vs when to just make a call
- Decisive - makes good decisions quickly, sticking to them unless there’s an excellent reason not to
- A creative problem-solver and “fixer” - is able to remove barriers and bottlenecks through collaboration, creativity and resourcefulness.
- Able to keep many plates spinning – is able to stay on top of a wide range of topics across multiple markets, giving most attention to those that need it without neglecting others (including balancing the need to fix burning issues, without losing sight of the bigger-picture)
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Executional experience a must
- Proficient in Excel and Powerpoint/Google Slides
Nice To Haves
- Background in design/fashion
- Background in retail strategy
- Entrepreneurial experience
- Work at our new headquarters right by Cannon Street Station. The office has a prayer room, nap room, onsite gym, and a rooftop garden overlooking Tower Bridge. We hold firmwide meetings on our basketball court
- Flexible working, including parent friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days - all made easy by our great use of tech including video conferencing, slack, workplace
- Maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside
- Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources
- Company benefits including: discounted private healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership, cycle parking)
- Company wide tech talks with internal and external speakers, and a calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises
- Regular team off-sites
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Every Friday we order lunch for everyone from restaurants on the Deliveroo platform
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.