When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Deliveroo’s kit offering for riders plays an important role in the safety of riders and the rider proposition, whilst also acting as a valuable marketing channel.
As the Global Rider Kit Manager, you’ll effectively be running an ecommerce business within Deliveroo: offering market-leading kit to ~40,000 riders across the globe. In this role, you will be accountable for the entire kit value chain - from strategy to product design, pricing, distribution and promotion.
- Strategy: define the long and short term rider kit strategy to maximise return on rider kit and ensure we outperform competitors on kit safety, functionality and visibility.
- Implementation: lead the implementation of kit strategy and initiatives across all markets, coordinating with local and central teams to ensure maximum impact
- Product Design management: oversee the design and development of rider kit, working with your Product Developer to ensure we are designing high quality, and safe, kit that riders want to wear
- Pricing: develop the pricing strategy, working with finance to ensure that we provide an attractive kit proposition to riders, generating further investable value
- Distribution: manage the distribution of rider kit, seeking to optimise the customer experience whilst ensuring tight inventory management and financial responsibility
- Promotion: identify the most effective promotional approaches to drive both kit ownership and usage
- Metrics of success: define what the metrics of success are for rider kit, and how we should measure these
- Performance and reporting: measure the impact of kit initiatives to inform decisions and maximise impact of future initiatives
- People management: effectively manage and develop your team and, where required, influence stakeholders in order to achieve the kit vision
- Adaptable with a “can-do attitude” - is positive and proactive, and energised by working in a fast-paced environment characterised by constant change
- An great relationship builder - has a passion for building strong relationships across different cultures, working styles and timezones, and is able to quickly gain the trust and respect of others
- Analytical and able to quickly prioritise - is able to quickly identify opportunities, issues, inefficiencies and how big these might be; knows when to get more data vs when to just make a call
- Decisive - makes good decisions quickly, sticking to them unless there’s an excellent reason not to
- A creative problem-solver and “fixer” - is able to remove barriers and bottlenecks through collaboration, creativity and resourcefulness.
- Able to keep many plates spinning – is able to stay on top of a wide range of topics across multiple markets, giving most attention to those that need it without neglecting others (including balancing the need to fix burning issues, without losing sight of the bigger-picture)
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Executional experience a must
- Proficient in Excel and Powerpoint/Google Slides
Nice To Haves
- Background in design/fashion
- Background in retail strategy
- Entrepreneurial experience
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.