When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Job Title: Virtual Brands Regional Lead
Location: Cannon Street, London
Closing Date: 7 March 2019
The role of the Virtual Brands Regional Lead is to help Deliveroo’s 50,000 restaurants gain an incremental, profitable, revenue stream by creating new brands that consumers want.
This role will involve working with our local markets to support them in identifying new brand opportunities, coordinating central resources to get the brands off the ground, continually tracking performance of each brand and taking action to ensure all are successful.
The role requires close collaboration with creative and analytical skill sets within the Virtual Brands team, and of course with local markets.
- Work with local markets to review identified gaps, and determine which partners to target
- Evaluate the correct brand match for each restaurant based on gaps and restaurant capabilities
- Build tools and playbooks to speed local market execution (for example contract templates, establishing the commercial framework from which to operate within)
- Work with local markets to support with rapid roll-out of brands, supporting to coordinate central resources
- Continually review performance of existing brands, diagnose issues and work with local markets to iterate until brand is highly performing within the zone. Share learnings across markets
- Strong problem solving ability - the candidate should be able to break down complex problems and identify the biggest drivers of value
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders internally as well as externally
- Inquisitive and forward-thinking - curious, thoughtful and happy to question the status-quo. Keeps pushing for further improvements
- Can build “stuff” - approaches, processes, tools and structured change methodologies
- Previous experience rolling out virtual brands across APAC markets
- Previous experience within a start-up or food & beverage business is essential
- A minimum of Level 4 Certification in Retail Management
- A background in Account Management
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.