When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
- Owning digital marketing campaigns on some of the business’s most important acquisition channels, on an international scale
- Implementing, managing and optimising marketing campaigns on Paid Search and Paid Social
- Working closely with other members of the Marketing team across all regions; UK and International
- Working towards tight, transparent, granular KPIs
- Giving regular performance updates to stakeholders all the way up the organisation
- Computing and / or scheduling regular reports
- Keeping up to date with new, exciting digital marketing opportunities – including invitations to exclusive, cutting-edge events from industry leaders
- Creating, communicating and testing new strategies for the business’s digital marketing
- Using test results and experience to flexibly advice on (and implement) digital marketing strategy
- Strong understanding of, and interest in, the digital market
- Experience with implementing, managing and optimising Paid Search and Paid Social campaigns (Facebook ads Manager, adWords and adWords Editor)
- Passion for driving tangible marketing performance and ROI
- Willingness to work hard in an entrepreneurial, flexible environment
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving
- Quantitative background (e.g. natural sciences, economics, maths, physics, engineering)
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Excel / Google Sheets (e.g. vlookups, pivot tables, index matches etc.)
- Willingness to work with and learn about new software tools
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Excitement for creating new strategies, concepts and messaging in a hugely impactful and fast-growing business
Nice to haves
- Experience with AdWords Scripts or the AdWords or Facebook APIs
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with Python / R for data analysis and visualisation
- Experience with Data Visualisation platforms (e.g. Tableau, Looker)
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.