Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re five years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to sink your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for-all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and 200 cities.
The Operations function is at the heart of the business – we ensure a seamless delivery service for customers, from start to finish. In this role, you’ll be leading the Operations teams and working within the French management team to make Deliveroo the world’s leading foodtech brand. Managing a strong and performing team with diverse backgrounds, you will have the leadership skills to make this team thrive and reinvent itself in the face of adversity. Managing our relationship with upwards of 10,000 delivery drivers will also come naturally to you. You will be comfortable in an international environment and find it easy to navigate in an English-speaking context. Your analytical skills will be called upon daily for decision making, but you’ll know when to value speed of execution over perfection. You’ll think outside the box, yet also run your department with structure and rigour.
As the Operations Director, you will be asked to :
- Work with the French management team to make Deliveroo the definitive food company in France.
- Report on Operations to the French General Manager,
- Ensure the quality of operational metrics across the business,
- Solve operational challenges in a fast-changing environment,
- Be the point of entry for all new company-wide or country-wide projects that have an impact on French Operations,
- Lead these projects whenever they are mainly Ops-related,
- Ensure the implementation of standardized Ops processes across France
- Work with the Central teams based in London on strategic projects, as well as to localise and roll-out tools and processes
- Localise and implement in France strategic projects introduced by the Central team, and drive innovative market-specific solutions,
- A Masters’ degree from a Grande Ecole (engineering/business) or University equivalent
- 8 to 10 years’ work experience, with significant exposure to industry or retail operations or logistics
- 2 to 4 years’ experience in a major consulting firm
- Significant team management experience
- Strong quantitative skills with the ability to draw insights from data
- Evidence of decisiveness and astute decision-making
- Process oriented with a track record of successful implementations
- Proven leadership skills
- A keen interest in food, technology and logistics
- Bilingual in French and English
- Fantastic exposure to scaling a tech team at a unique pace
- Flexible working, including flexible hours, working from home days - all made easy by our great use of tech including video conferencing, slack, workplace
- An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside
- Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources
- Regular team off-sites
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-ups around.