When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
You will be leading Deliveroo’s Business Development and Account Management teams, tasked with signing up Hong Kong’s best restaurants and chains, and managing a portfolio of over three thousand restaurant partners. You will be joining one of the fastest growing start-ups globally, surrounded by a top-notch team of enthusiastic self-starters that are passionate about delivering a fantastic service and contributing to the exciting journey that Deliveroo is on.
This role requires an aggressive sales individual that can build solid relationships with all types of personalities in the F&B industry. It will also require the person to be able to lead, develop, mentor and coach a large team of managers and associates. Ultimately, this person is responsible for maintaining and expanding our market leadership and solidify our restaurant relationships.
More specifically, you will:
- Facilitate and lead meetings with high profile F&B groups for new business, renegotiations or relationship management
- Own relationships with key restaurant industry stakeholders
- Define and lead our Business Development and account management strategy in Hong Kong
- Manage a team of 15-20 sales managers and account managers in a very structured and methodical manner
- Motivate the team to meet aggressive targets
- Represent Deliveroo in F&B industry events
- Build up Deliveroo’s image and reputation as an established and valued leader of the HK F&B industry
For this role you need to be tenacious, sophisticated and have the following skill set:
- At least 5+ years of sales leadership experience;
- Strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Strong sales skills and track record of business development success
- Strong knowledge of the restaurant industry is a plus;
- History of exceeding revenue targets;
- Exhibit the ability to self-motivate;
- Experience in a high-growth business environment or start-up a plus
We are a young company with dynamic growth, so you must be prepared to work hard and show continued commitment and dedication to the business.
- Attractive compensation package
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing start-up changing the food delivery landscape
- Have a real impact on the direction of the business in Hong Kong
- Work with people who LOVE what they do
- Gym subsidy
- Friday lunches for the office. Did we mention how much we love food?
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.