We are constantly expanding our team, so don't be surprised if you see the same roles being advertised all year around – we’re always looking for great people! This role is for a management position. If your interest is focused on building products and your design expertise, take a look at our Senior Product Designer role.
Our mission is to become the definitive food company. The products and services we build change the way people interact with food, and product design is an integral part of that.
The product design discipline is part of the Content, Research & Design team, the team that defines how our customers, riders, restaurants and employees interact with Deliveroo’s products and services end to end. Based in London, our team has a global impact, with our work reaching customers in Singapore, riders in Amsterdam and restaurant kitchens in Paris.
Our Senior Design Managers help steer vision and strategy, and build great environments for people to do amazing work. They develop and recruit teams of world-class product designers and build teams with a clear sense of identity, purpose and passion. If that sounds like you, we’d love to chat!
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Recruit and build a world-class product design team
- Support your team members in their personal growth to build a cohesive and tight-knit culture
- Shape product strategy and vision together with your team and partners from across the company; such as Engineering, Product Management, Commercial and Operations
- Encourage and ensure world-class design execution for the products you look after by helping set standards and practices
- Help your team operate in a fast-moving, global environment by setting context and clearing the path for them to execute
- Drive and support cross-team initiatives that make the Content, Research & Design practice at Deliveroo better - such as improving our hiring process, expanding our community presence, interviewing potential new team members, and much more
What you might work on
The products we work on are as diverse as the users we serve. During your time at Deliveroo you’ll be exposed to a number of very different areas, such as:
- Our Rider apps
- Products for our Restaurants
- Our suite of Consumer products
- Internal Tools to help us provide better customer service
- Design systems and tools
What you should bring
We value intellectual humility, an eagerness to learn, and the ability to move quickly while being pragmatic about your decisions. But above all else, we're looking for unique personalities with varied backgrounds that add something new to our team.
This role is for you if you:
- Love building teams and products from scratch, and enjoy making an impact in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment
- Have experience building and running high-performing product design teams consisting of at least 5 people
- Have a track record establishing great relationships and working with other disciplines, such as user research, content design, product management and engineering
- Are an excellent communicator - whether it’s about people, design or product, you bring a positive energy into any conversation you’re in and are able to get those around you excited around a shared purpose
- Are a caring, empathetic, humble mentor and coach. You care about developing your team, helping them overcome challenges, and helping nurture the future leaders of our team
- Are ok with international travel across all our 12 markets
- Have a great appetite (we love eating!)
- Have a good sense of humour!
You don’t need to have a degree to apply. What matters is you and how you bring out the best in others.
What you can expect
We try to encourage an informal, passionate and respectful culture where you are given the trust and autonomy to do what you think is right for the company. We eat together and work together, and put a great focus on improving ourselves and learning from each other.
Beyond that, we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Whatever equipment you need
- Generous pension plan
- An in-house gym and a subsidised gym membership
- Flexible working hours
- Relocation support
- Casual and fun working environment designed for productivity, with beverages and healthy snacks and free lunch on Fridays
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.