We are constantly expanding our team, so don't be surprised if you see the same roles being advertised all year around – we’re always looking for great people! This role is for a management position. If your interest is focused on building products and your design expertise, take a look at our Principal Product Designer role.
The Experience Team defines how our customers, riders, restaurants, and employees interact with Deliveroo’s products and services end-to-end.
Based throughout London and the greater UK, our diverse team has global impact. We cook up accessible, localised, and inclusive products for customers in Singapore, riders in Australia, grocery chains in Amsterdam, restaurant kitchens in Dubai—and beyond. Our user-focus guides us as we build the definitive online food company together.
Our Senior Design Managers foster a culture and community where the Experience Team can happily and healthily do their best work. They nurture people’s professional and personal development, recruit new teammates, and guide with empathy and pragmatism. Their passion is to design people-centred systems and processes to help us scale design with purpose while keeping quality high.
On a day-to-day basis you will…
- Scale the Experience Team by recruiting, interviewing, and hiring world-class design and management talent
- Support your Team’s development with focus on personal and professional growth as well as technical and interpersonal skills
- Foster and exemplify Deliveroo’s culture by managing and evolving team rituals so the Experience Team remains a cohesive and tight-knit community
- Enable world-class design execution be defining and advocating for quality standards, accessibility, localisation, and other design best practices
- Help your team execute efficiently in a fast-moving, global environment with clear communication, sufficient context, and a roadblock-free path
- Encourage collaboration through cross-team and cross-discipline initiatives to make the Experience Team and the products it delivers better
- Prepare the next generation of Senior Managers as they lead their teams to achieve design excellence
- Share and celebrate the Experience Team’s talent and work with regular recognition and company-wide updates on significant achievements
Stuff you might work on
The products we build are as diverse as the people we serve. During your time at Deliveroo you’ll be exposed to many product areas.
Some products we make together are:
- Our Rider apps
- Restaurant and Grocery partner apps
- Our suite of Consumer products
- Internal Tools to provide better Customer Service and Employee Experience, and
- Deliveroo’s Design System and its tooling
What you’ll bring
We value intellectual humility, an eagerness to learn, and the ability to move quickly while being practical. But above all else, we need unique teammates from varied backgrounds to add new perspectives, skills, and experience to our team.
This role is for you if you…
- Love building teams and products—you enjoy making an impact in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Have Senior Management experience—you build and run high-performing groups of Product Design teams
- Build cross-functional relationships—you establish a strong network and connect with disciplines across Tech & Product as well as local office co-workers
- Are an excellent communicator—you bring positive energy and get those around you excited about our shared purpose
- Are a caring, empathetic, humble supporter—you practice people-first leadership, help your Team overcome career and work hurdles, and nurture the future leaders of our team
- Have a good sense of humour—you believe work can and should be fun
- Have a great appetite—’cause we love eating!
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.