Changing the way the world thinks about food delivery is what we’re all about. That’s why we love bringing amazing restaurant food to people like you – whether it’s juicy burgers, fiery curries or fresh poké bowls.
It’s been been a whirlwind of a journey since our launch in 2013 – we’re now in 12 countries and over 200 cities, with stylish headquarters based in the heart of London.
As a food obsessed, friendly bunch, we enjoy brainstorming ideas to solve business challenges – and we’re not afraid of making great ones happen fast.
The Operations function is at the heart of the business – it’s an end to end service that ensures a seamless delivery service for customers, as well as drive our internal logistics operations. To do this, we work with a growing fleet of 2000 riders for which you’ll be responsible.
As we continue our phenomenal growth, the challenge to operate sustainably becomes ever harder. This role, reporting directly to the GM, will have full ownership over one of our key functions, and will help our markets achieve the step changes required to become the world-leader in food.
Your responsibilities include:
- Coaching and leading our people – working with the heads of departments and their teams to ensure they perform at the best of their ability;
- Overseeing the front-line operation for the Netherlands – understanding, analysing and driving our complex day-to-day logistics to ensure exceptional service levels and growth. Along the way you’ll ensure we have enough riders in the fleet, that supply matches demand, and that riders have all the support they need;
- Scaling up the rider fleet - we need to grow our existing fleet of 2000 to 5000 in 2019.
- Using analytics to build a platform that can sustainably scale – understanding what needs to be improved to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the fleet, and what we need to build now for the future;
- Leading the local strategy – understanding the cultural, legal and competitive landscape to ensure we’re constantly evolving, innovating and prioritising the right projects to meet business needs.
- Collaborating with product, procurement and other HQ central departments – working with all the supporting departments to ensure the Dutch market has their needs catered for, and are coordinated with upcoming changes to product, processes and strategy.
- Identifying opportunities for improvement – e.g. improving design of delivery zones, optimizing the flow of rider comms (for support and in the rider communities), reviewing efficiency in fleet staffing, ensuring correct and prompt payment etc.
We are looking for someone with at least 4-8 years of operations management, or consulting experience, with experience of managing large, multi-cultural teams. This role demands an analytical, people-centric and entrepreneurial leader with a track-record of managing large teams.
Some additional requirements include:
- Strong analytical skills to make data driven decisions for operational and economical improvements;
- Fluent in Dutch and English;
- Master graduate level candidate - a science/highly analytical degree or background
- High level people management skills, must have experience working with people of different backgrounds/cultures;
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- Confident communication skills for reporting to stakeholders at different levels, ability to influence people across the organisation;
- Driven and confident personality, who can keep a cool head in a crisis
- Enough stats and excel skills, i.e. to separate the signal from the noise (since so much of what we do is tested against the real world straight away)
- Consulting or finance experience from top-tier firms is a plus
Join the Deliveroo team in Europe’s fastest growing start-up and participate in changing the restaurant industry within a ground-breaking team:
- Have a real impact at a fast-growing start-up revolutionising the food delivery space across the globe.
- Work within a highly motivated and inspirational team.
- A Macbook air.
- Office lunches on Fridays and more than enough free food from Deliveroo.
- You will be based in Amsterdam but will travel now and then.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around!