Job Title - Senior Product Designer
Location - Cannon Street, London
Salary - Competitive
Closing date - 4th July 2018
At Deliveroo, we're on a mission to change the way people eat.
To do this, we need to make products that are relatable and understandable – and that's why we need you.
Since 2013, we’ve been delivering food from the best restaurants to customers in less than 30 minutes. Backed with $475m worth of investment from the likes of Index Ventures, DST and Accel, we now operate in 100 cities across 12 countries in Europe and APAC.
The Content, Research and Design team defines how our customers, riders, restaurants and employees interact with Deliveroo’s products. Based in London, our team has a global impact, with our work reaching customers in Singapore, riders in Amsterdam and restaurant kitchens in Paris.
As a Product Designer at Deliveroo, you will be accountable for every feature you design - from the very first sketch through to implementation, you’ll drive all stages of the design process.
- Define standards & Work closely with design teams in defining, designing and evolving high-level design patterns, UI kits, guidelines, and custom tooling. Balance product needs and technical feasibility to build a scalable, usable system.
- Communicate & Ensure that everyone is equipped to adopt design systems as they grow and evolve. Proactively communicating changes and updates, gathering feedback to adjust the system, and unblocking designers as they run into issues.
- Drive excellence & Champion consistency, a high degree of UI craft, and the inclusion of illustration and animation in our products. Scheduling and facilitating regular meetings for planning and critique of design work.
- Assist with technical implementation: Work closely with UI engineers who build and maintain design systems in code.
- Work closely with your team and other designers in defining, designing and iterating on product features across web and mobile platforms
- Invest in design standards, documentation, and processes alongside your team members to further our design practice
- Shape product strategy and vision together with product managers
- Drive and support cross-team initiatives that make the Content, Research & Design practice at Deliveroo better - such as improving our hiring process, expanding our community presence, interviewing potential new team members, and much more
- Work in the way that works for you and what you're designing, whether that's spending time sketching or jumping straight into pixels and code
- Identifying the opportunity for a new product
- Researching market & customer needs, etc.
- Examples of concepting product designs
- Experience Design: user research, UX Flows, wireframes, prototyping, testing, etc.
- Visual Interface Design: colour palette, branding, general visual aesthetics
- Interaction Design: animation, menus, general functionality
- Quality assurance of build, further testing, etc.
What you might work on
The products we work on are as diverse as the users we serve, and we’re fortunate to be in a company where design is a first class citizen. Design spans every aspect of our product and our operations, and during your time at Deliveroo you’ll be exposed to a number of very different areas, such as:
Our Rider apps
- Products for our Restaurants
- Our suite of Consumer products
- Internal Tools to help us provide better customer service
- Design systems and tools
- What you should bring
- We value intellectual humility, an eagerness to learn, and the ability to move quickly while being pragmatic about your decisions. But above all else, we're looking for unique personalities with varied backgrounds that add something new to our team.
- Are a keen problem solver - you enjoy thinking through complex product challenges and care about solving the right problem
- Have a well trained eye for great visual design execution. You care about getting things right - one pixel off is a big deal.
- Take a strategic view to everything you do - your work stands the test of time
- Are fantastic at communicating your thinking and design decisions - you’re able to get people along on the journey with you
- Are well versed at working with disciplines in your work to achieve the best outcome, such as user research, content and engineering.
- Enjoy mentoring others in their professional development as designers
- Have several years' experience in an individual contributor role on a product design team
- Have a great appetite (we love eating!)
- Have a good sense of humour!
- You don’t need to have a degree to apply. What matters is you and the work you do.
- Previous experience working on rider/transport or similar products
What you can expect
We try to encourage an informal, passionate and respectful culture where you are given the trust and autonomy to do what you think is right for the company. We’re also deeply committed to continuous improvement as a team and company, so everyone’s input and contribution to making the team better is hugely valued. But most of all, we are creating an energetic and entrepreneurial working environment - no two days will ever feel the same.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.
This role was posted on the 6th June 2018 and will run until the 4th July 2018. Please can you apply to link if you would like to apply.