Changing the way the world thinks about food delivery is what we’re all about. That’s why we love bringing amazing restaurant food to people like you – whether it’s juicy burgers, fiery curries or fresh poké bowls.
It’s been been a whirlwind of a journey since our launch in 2013 – we’re now in 12 countries and over 200 cities, with stylish headquarters based in the heart of London.
As a food obsessed, friendly bunch, we enjoy brainstorming ideas to solve business challenges – and we’re not afraid of making great ones happen fast.
We’re looking for a brand marketing leader to help us become the definitive food company. S/He will define and shape the Deliveroo consumer brand to build a strong mental and emotional connection with customers that has a profound impact on Deliveroo’s growth.
The right candidate has successful experience leading teams to build brands from anonymity to household names. S/He can create and communicate a bold direction and effortlessly operate across both strategic and tactical levels. S/he has an entrepreneurial spirit, strong passion to disrupt the food industry, and ability to deliver an integrated brand strategy that resonates across all consumer touchpoints (with a hunger for all the analytical thinking, facilitation, project management, cross-functional alignment, and process improvements that this entails).
Brand Strategy & Insights
- Develop a brand framework and messaging strategy; drive it to execution with measurable impact across the 12 markets we operate in.
- Manage brand architecture; working through positioning and messaging questions that arise as we launch new services.
- Develop insights tools and programs that empower teams to pursue the biggest growth opportunities in a relevant, engaging way.
- Partner with creative team to define long-term brand building efforts
- Define the business strategy for consumer content, partnerships, events & sponsorships, and influencers to support brand building efforts.
Marketing Communications, Media & Measurement
- Develop and deliver marketing communications for all channels that we operate in (performance marketing, crm, mass advertising, etc.), working closely with local teams and channel operators.
- Partner with creative team and external agencies to bring engaging marketing communications to life. We develop the majority of campaigns on tight budgets in-house, with some support coming from external partners. We’re looking for someone with strong creative instincts who is excited to work outside of ‘agency process’ and at speed.
- Work closely with regional marketing leads and in-country teams to guide the deployment of marketing capital across mass advertising channels to optimise impact. Provide subject matter expertise on media buying,, developing playbooks and learnings.
- Work closely with growth analytics to:
- Define the testing framework(s) to constantly improve brand marketing in all channels (e.g. audience targeting: creative execution, bid optimization, etc) to fuel increasing marginal returns on our invested marketing spend.
- Define the business strategy for improved marketing measurement, linking investment in awareness & consideration to incremental contribution profit.
- Hire and develop and develop a team of content, brand, & insights managers to execute with measurable impact.
- Continuously raise the bar on team outputs and ways of working. Be vocal and transparent about problems, ensuring they are fixed and not swept under the rug.
- Be a leader who makes all team environments better.
- Hunger to solve complex problems.
- Excellent business acumen.
- Proven leadership and people development skills with experience operating across multiple geographies
- Ability to collaborate inside and outside the organization to develop consensus and create strong relationships.
- Deep expertise of online and offline media environments
- Demonstrated ability to leverage customer research, data, and industry trends to drive results.
- Experience taking a brand from anonymity to fame; 10+ years experience at top FMCG, retail/eComm organisation a plus.
- Passion for changing the future of food
- Willingness to travel (~10-20%)
- MBA a plus
- Fantastic exposure to scaling a tech team at a unique pace
- Work at our new headquarters right by Cannon Street Station. The office has a prayer room, nap room, onsite gym, and a rooftop garden overlooking Tower Bridge. We hold firmwide meetings on our basketball court
- Flexible working, including parent friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days - all made easy by our great use of tech including video conferencing, slack, workplace
- Maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside
- Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources
- Company benefits including: discounted private healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership, cycle parking)
- Company wide tech talks with internal and external speakers, and a calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises
- Regular team off-sites
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Every Friday we order lunch for everyone from restaurants on the Deliveroo platform
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-ups around.