Changing the way the world thinks about food delivery is what we’re all about. That’s why we love bringing amazing restaurant food to people like you – whether it’s juicy burgers, fiery curries or fresh poké bowls.
It’s been been a whirlwind of a journey since our launch in 2013 – we’re now in 12 countries and over 200 cities, with stylish headquarters based in the heart of London.
As a food obsessed, friendly bunch, we enjoy brainstorming ideas to solve business challenges – and we’re not afraid of making great ones happen fast.
The role of Restaurant Strategy team is to define the suite of products and services that we need to build to enable our restaurant partners to increase their profitability. This role will be responsible for developing a deep understanding of our partners needs, determining where we can have greatest impact and working with both the local teams and product team to deliver this.
As part of ensuring success and adoption of these tools, this team will need to consider how to capture restaurant feedback, as well as how we communicate with restaurants to help them understand how Deliveroo can work for them. The role will require close collaboration with local markets, the restaurants product team and central policy team.
- Develop deep understanding of restaurant needs, including capturing feedback from local markets
- Develop data and insights to identify opportunities for improvement, and track performance over time
- Use understanding of restaurant needs and the scale of opportunities to prioritize key levers that can deliver value to partners
- Build playbooks, tools and processes to solve problems (for example, what information do we need to provide restaurants to increase app ratings, what is the most effective way to do that, and at what point do we terminate the relationship)
- Build business cases for new restaurant tooling (for example, inventory mgmt., financial mgmt.) and work with the product team to develop these into fully fledged solutions
- Work with local teams to ensure adoption of playbooks and tools, and track performance versus objectives
- In depth understanding of restaurant operations and challenges
- Strong problem solving ability; the candidate should be comfortable using data to identify and prioritise key opportunities
- Can build “stuff” - approaches, processes, tools and structured change methodologies
- Has the ability to build solutions and processes that scale; designs solutions for a multiple of the current size of the business
- Ability to hire and build teams quickly.
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders internally as well as externally
- 5+ years experience, ideally consulting or post MBA
- Evidence of strong analytics
- Experience managing a team
- Good to have: Restaurant operations experience
- Work at our new headquarters right by Cannon Street Station. The office has a prayer room, nap room, onsite gym, and a rooftop garden overlooking Tower Bridge. We hold firmwide meetings on our basketball court
- Flexible working, including parent friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days - all made easy by our great use of tech including video conferencing, slack, workplace
- Maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside
- Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources
- Company benefits including: discounted private healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership, cycle parking)
- Company wide tech talks with internal and external speakers, and a calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises
- Regular team off-sites
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Every Friday we order lunch for everyone from restaurants on the Deliveroo platform
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.