Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re five years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast paced and blow off steam with free for all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 200 cities.
The Site Operations Lead, APAC will be responsible for:
- Delivering key operational metrics across a number of different markets and specifically in relation to operational speed, compliance and customer experience
- Working across functions to either launch new markets or to build and develop fledging operations to become fully blown Editions flagship countries
- Build strong country teams and regional resource to distance manage manage delivery only kitchen hubs and to establish market leading characteristics
- Innovation and enterprise to establish and embed an Editions business in each territory
- Working with country teams to build an Editions business in sync with local market objectives
You will be / have:
- A high calibre food professional with 10+ years experience in multi site branded operations and full P&L responsibility
- Superb organisational, leadership and administrative skills
- Overseas experience or distance management with franchising or concession background a bonus
- Able to evidence strong communication and influencing skills with experience in managing internal and external relationships at all levels
- Strong operational and compliance disciplines with the ability to flex approach according to market and think creatively to overcome challenges
- Delivery platform experience a benefit but not essential
- Willingness to travel overseas
- Fluency in a second language preferably French, Spanish or Mandarin
- Work at our new headquarters right by Cannon Street Station. The office has a prayer room, nap room, onsite gym, and a rooftop garden overlooking Tower Bridge. We hold firmwide meetings on our basketball court
- Flexible working, including parent friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days - all made easy by our great use of tech including video conferencing, slack, workplace
- Maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside
- Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources
- Company benefits including: discounted private healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership, cycle parking)
- Company wide tech talks with internal and external speakers, and a calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises
- Regular team off-sites
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Every Friday we order lunch for everyone from restaurants on the Deliveroo platform
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.