We are constantly expanding the research team in our London HQ. Please don't be surprised if you see the same roles being advertised all year around - we’re always looking for great people!
Job Title - User Research Manager
Salary - Competitive
Location - London, Cannon Street
Closing Date - 3rd January 2019
Maintaining a user-centred company culture is something that everyone at Deliveroo cares deeply about. We’re lucky to be a company where everyone, including the CEO, gets on their bicycle to deliver food as a way to stay in touch with user needs first-hand.
At Deliveroo, research is the foundation of product decision making. User researchers help teams to ensure that our customers, riders and restaurants are well understood, and their needs carefully considered at every stage of the product development process. As a very fast growing company, we’re constantly making changes to the user experience, which means it’s never long until findings from research are put into practice!
Research at Deliveroo sits within the Content, Research and Design (CRD) team. These three disciplines work closely together in the design of our products and services. As a CRD team we spend a lot of time working together, but we also make sure we spend time having fun and getting to know each other outside of work, with regular lunches on our roof garden, team nights out, and offsites.
As a research manager, you’ll be responsible for making sure your team are always working on the highest impact research questions, and that they are delivering actionable findings that are integrated into decision making at all levels. You’ll be the voice of the user in strategic business conversations as well as keeping closely involved in day to day product work.
- Mentoring and managing a team of researchers working within your product group
- Spotting opportunities for both strategic and tactical research, and making sure that the team are working on the highest leverage projects at all times
- Ensuring research plays a strategic role in product and service development
- Working closely with product managers and designers to make sure they are getting the knowledge they need from research
- Building empathy for our users across the business
- International travel - we conduct research in all 12 of the markets we operate in
- You have at least 5 years experience working as a user researcher embedded in a product team
- You have proven experience working closely with designers and product managers to impact strategic product direction through research
- You have a strong knowledge of quantitative and/or qualitative research methods
- Ideally, you will have previous experience in managing a team of researchers
- Free access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- A central London office complete with onsite gym, basketball court and a roof garden overlooking the river Thames
- An extremely fun team to work alongside, with regular team activities and offsites to get to know each other better
- A yearly learning and development budget, as well as great online learning courses delivered by global universities
- Great benefits such as a pension, subsidised gym membership
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.