Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chow mein market and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re five years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free for all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 200 cities.
Customer Service is the cornerstone of Deliveroo. Although our business is 100% automated, things do break and for our Customers this means that them receiving great quality food can be impacted – not good! We need to ensure that if we let customers down they are dealt with in a proactive manner and ensure we look to fix the problem from re-occurring for other Customers. This is where you come in! You’ll be championing our Customers as well as supporting our drivers and restaurants to deliver great quality local food to a very hungry public. We’re looking for an awesome individual who isn’t afraid to roll their sleeves up and who isn’t afraid of some hard work.
As a Team Leader you will be responsible for supervising the team on a day to day basis, ensuring that customer queries are handled efficiently and effectively via both phone and email. You will manage and develop the team proactively to ensure OKRs are on track at all times. You communicate appropriately with other Team Leaders and Operations Managers to ensure that we are adequately staffed and that any issues are escalated to the right person.
- Manage Centre performance throughout the shift, ensuring workloads, resources and staff are effectively managed.
- Ensure on-shift agents are kept up to date with issues and trends and cascade communications across the teams as appropriate.
- Act as an escalation point for customer issues.
- Champion a culture that demonstrates emotional engagement and empathy.
- As a Deliveroo Ambassador, embrace the Deliveroo values in all areas.
- Daily technical health check for agents’ workstations.
- Conducting 1-1 catch ups with the members of your team regularly.
- Monitoring the overall lateness and absence rates of your team members and conducting performance/conduct reviews where necessary.
- Experience of effectively leading and training teams.
- Experience of working effectively in a team.
- Evidence of taking responsibility.
- Willingness to take responsibility.
- Customer Service systems knowledge is a plus.
- Proven ability to work in a very dynamic, fast-paced entrepreneurial organisation from your own initiative.
- Strong planning and organizational skills as well as attention to detail.
- Proven ability to achieve numerous goals in a timely manner, exercising good judgment and sound decision-making skills.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.