Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re five years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to sink your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for-all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and 200 cities.
Reporting into Global Partnerships Director, you’ll be responsible for building and owning the restaurant partnerships strategy across our 12 markets.
The restaurant partnerships team is focused on adding value to the restaurants on our platform by creating a series of restaurant partnerships and perks, as part of our broader restaurant partner services offering. You’ll be responsible for securing B2B partnerships across a variety of sectors that can support our restaurants. The restaurant partnerships page is: https://restaurantperks.deliveroo.com/
You’ll be responsible for refining and building out the proposition, building a pipeline of partnerships, managing the perks platform, and driving adoption of the perks by our restaurant partners.
- Identify which key sectors we need to secure perks within, and make sure that our offering is best in market.
- Work closely with our restaurant partner services team to make sure our restaurant perks / partnerships offering aligns with what our restaurants want and need.
- Develop a pipeline of partners, negotiate commercials and onboard partners to our site.
- Get deals done: negotiating the best commercials for Deliveroo and our restaurants.
- Source new opportunities, negotiate partnerships and bring bold innovative proposals to the table.
- You’ll be responsible for the global platform, and you’ll liaise with our tech team to make sure that partners are onboarded to the site correctly, and that we’re optimising the site for conversion.
- You’ll make sure that we have the right partners on our site, that our restaurants care about the offering and are using the perks. You’ll work closely with the sales managers to drive adoption of our partnerships within our vast restaurant network.
- Manage a team and define team targets
- Work closely with internal stakeholders across the business.
- Define the international roll-out strategy of the restaurant perks platform and work closely with our international markets to execute the roll out.
For this role you need to be tenacious, sophisticated and have the following skill set. Above all, being commercial, strategic and innovative.
- Experienced commercial professional and manager
- Extensive work experience in a B2B commercial role;
- Experience in a strategic partnerships role. Corporate business development or consulting role a plus, with tech or food industry experience preferred;
- Sharp instincts for the right opportunities. You will need to know how to navigate through the noise to find and select partners that are strategically and commercially valuable in the long term for both the partnerships team and business as a whole;
- Strong negotiator and executor. You’ll need to onboard partners quickly, find optimal partnership structures and get deals done.
- Strategic thinker, marketer and communicator:
- Demonstrated ability to design strategic plans and execute on goals with high impact results;
- Strong analytical and organisational skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, teamwork, presentation and project management skills;
- Experience managing a team and driving results.
- Relentless executor, motivated and process driven:
- Exhibit ability to self-motivate;
- Driven, hard-working, and a self-starter who questions the status quo and strives for exceptional results.
- Innovative and creative
- Question the status quo, design new opportunities and build internal and external excitement for a project.
- Strong knowledge of the restaurant industry is a plus.
- Fantastic exposure to scaling a tech team at a unique pace
- Work at our new headquarters right by Cannon Street Station. The office has a prayer room, nap room, onsite gym, and a rooftop garden overlooking Tower Bridge. We hold firmwide meetings on our basketball court
- Flexible working, including parent friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days - all made easy by our great use of tech including video conferencing, slack, workplace
- Maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside
- Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources
- Company benefits including: discounted private healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership, cycle parking)
- Company wide tech talks with internal and external speakers, and a calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises
- Regular team off-sites
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Every Friday we order lunch for everyone from restaurants on the Deliveroo platform
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-ups around.