Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We are the leading food delivery company in 200 cities in 12 countries, and are growing fast. We are backed by over $1 billion in capital from top global investors.
We solve complex problems at Deliveroo: in real time, we connect millions of customers with 50,000 restaurants and riders to deliver food in under 30 minutes. And we constantly innovate: whether it means investing in bespoke super-kitchens to host our restaurant partners in new areas they wouldn’t venture into, launching a marketplace+ model to allow restaurant partners to use their own fleet of riders or Deliveroo’s fleet, or setting up a food purchasing ecosystem to allow our partners to leverage purchasing scale.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast paced and determined to build the definitive good company of the future.
The role of the Head of Regional Ops, APAC is to ensure that we deliver a market-winning proposition to a customers and riders across our APAC markets: UAE, Hong Kong, Singapore and Australia.
This role will involve working very closely with the Head of Ops and GM in each of these markets to define our strategy and design a plan to deliver it, as well as on day-to-day performance and tactical decision-making. This is about getting to understand the intricacies of each market, really getting to know the teams there, and making sure we win, whatever it takes.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as the decision-maker within Delivery Ops.
- Work with Heads of Ops to set specific KPIs and targets
- Track Performance
- Anticipate and troubleshoot issues (support by going to market if helpful), drawing in support from other central teams to prevent or mitigate these.
- Coordinate with central teams on any market-specific issues
- Highlight innovations that we might want to replicate elsewhere
- Advocate on behalf of the markets, including giving visibility of their needs/feedback to Tech and Ops Strategy & Planning.
- Reports to Director of Global Delivery Ops
- Direct reports TBC
- Adaptable with a “can-do attitude” - is positive and proactive, and energised by working in a fast-paced environment characterised by constant change
- An great relationship builder - has a passion for building strong relationships across different cultures, working styles and timezones, and is able to quickly gain the trust and respect of others
- Analytical and able to quickly prioritise - is able to quickly identify opportunities, issues, inefficiencies and how big these might be; knows when to get more data vs when to just make a call
- Decisive - makes good decisions quickly, sticking to them unless there’s an excellent reason not to
- A creative problem-solver and “fixer” - is able to remove barriers and bottlenecks through collaboration, creativity and resourcefulness.
- Able to keep many plates spinning – is able to stay on top of a wide range of topics across multiple markets, giving most attention to those that need it without neglecting others (including balancing the need to fix burning issues, without losing sight of the bigger-picture)
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience
- Executional experience a must
- Operational knowledge of the business and how it works today a big plus
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint/Google Slides
- Work at our new headquarters right by Cannon Street Station. The office has a prayer room, nap room, onsite gym, and a rooftop garden overlooking Tower Bridge. We hold firmwide meetings on our basketball court
- Flexible working, including parent friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days - all made easy by our great use of tech including video conferencing, slack, workplace
- Maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside
- Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources
- Company benefits including: discounted private healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership, cycle parking)
- Company wide tech talks with internal and external speakers, and a calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises
- Regular team off-sites
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Every Friday we order lunch for everyone from restaurants on the Deliveroo platform
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.