Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re five years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast paced and blow off steam with free for all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 200 cities.
The Global Pricing Director will be responsible for building and executing on Deliveroo’s pricing strategy to maximize our order volume globally. The role will have ownership of our three core pricing levers - consumer facing delivery fees, minimum order values, consumer promotions. The Global Pricing Director will be responsible for an order volume target and a contribution profit per order target across all of our markets. The role responsibilities include:
- Define the pricing strategy for our three core levers - consumer facing fees, minimum order value, and consumer promotions.
- Build a pricing team from scratch at Deliveroo. Hire top talent into the pricing team.
- Develop playbooks and help Country Managers set prices in each of Deliveroo’s local neighbourhoods for the above defined levers.
- Work with product teams to build the right tools around pricing and develop go-to-market plans for all pricing related features.
- Work with user research and comms teams to build communication strategies around pricing changes.
- Jointly own global order volume and contribution profit targets.
- 10+ years work experience;
- Strong experience managing a pricing organization in a consumer business;
- Strong analytical skills and financial acumen;
- Prior experience working with data-scientists and product teams.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to influence stakeholders to adopt new tools and processes;
- Strong knowledge of marketplace businesses/ experience in a high-growth business environment or start-up a plus
- Free food and LOTS of it
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- A brand new extremely impressive and fun office complete with nap room, onsite gym, basketball court and a rooftop overlooking Tower Bridge
- Subsidised gym membership
- Top-notch kit. Bring your own or we'll get you a shiny new Macbook and stuff
- An extremely fun team to work alongside!
- Abundance of great online learning courses delivered by global universities
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.