Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chow mein market and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re five years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free for all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 200 cities.
We’re looking for talented people to join our Operations Support department and help us get more riders on the road by joining either our call teams. This is the perfect opportunity to take your first steps in an exciting, fast-growing business and develop your operational abilities.
- Corresponding with keen riders over the phone regarding their application to ride with us
- Answering an immense number of inbound and outbound calls in a timely manner whilst remaining enthusiastic and energetic
- Keeping applicants happy by providing excellent customer service and thorough answers over the phone
- Guiding applicants through the application process and ensuring you hit your weekly targets
- Problem solving with a high level of client courtesy and empathy
- Participating in extra projects throughout the department
- Following the key guidelines and pitches when handling different topics over the phone
- Clear and confident phone manner and conflict resolution skills
- Experience in a call centre or a customer serving environment is a plus
- Self-motivated and eager to learn
- Target-driven and a keen problem solver
- Good time management skills while having a good eye for detail
- Adaptable to a constantly changing business environment
- Ability to work under high pressure
- Flexible - the role requires working at least one day at the weekend
- Have a real impact at a fast-growing start-up revolutionising the food delivery space
- Maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside
- Company benefits including: discounted private healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership, cycle parking
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Every Friday we order lunch for everyone from restaurants on the Deliveroo platform
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.