Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We are the leading food delivery company in 200 cities in 12 countries, and are growing fast. We are backed by over $1 billion in capital from top global investors.
We solve complex problems at Deliveroo: in real time, we connect millions of customers with 50,000 restaurants and riders to deliver food in under 30 minutes. And we constantly innovate: whether it means investing in bespoke super-kitchens to host our restaurant partners in new areas they wouldn’t venture into, launching a marketplace+ model to allow restaurant partners to use their own fleet of riders or Deliveroo’s fleet, or setting up a food purchasing ecosystem to allow our partners to leverage purchasing scale.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast paced and determined to build the definitive good company of the future.
Job Title - Head of Global Ops Development
Location - Cannon Street, London
Salary - Competitive
Closing Date - 1st November 2018
- Execute centrally where appropriate
- Set best practices (processes, tools and resource)
- Provide training on best practices
- Track adoption of best practices and refine based on feedback
- Provide input and advice on Ops Strategy & Planning and Heads of Regional Ops.
- Input into Product feature design
- Understand and communicate relevant Tech updates to the Central Op Managers and to the markets.
- Act as single point-of-contact for the market heads of functions, providing regular touch-points for sharing information between central and local teams and across local teams from different markets.
- Reports to Director of Global Delivery Ops
- Team of 5-10, likely to grow quickly
- Adaptable with a “can-do attitude” - is positive and proactive, and energised by working in a fast-paced environment characterised by constant change
- A coach who genuinely cares – is able to build a team and will invest heavily in their development
- Versatile and a quick learner – is able to ‘think big’ as well as execute ‘on-the-fly’; has the ability to grasp new concepts quickly and to become an expert on anything
- Analytical and able to quickly prioritise - is able to quickly identify opportunities, issues, inefficiencies and how big these might be
- Obsessive about improvement - Has a passion for incremental optimisation/continuous improvement and comes up with both “hacky” and more “gold-plated” improvements
- An effective communicator - has great interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly gain the trust and respect of others and to get their buy-in/sign-off
- Able to keep many plates spinning – can stay on top of a wide range of areas and projects, giving most attention to those that need it without neglecting others
- International Category Management experience for a leading e-commerce platform
- Food & Grocery E-Commerce experience
- Significant experience in a top tier consultancy. This would generally constitute approximately 2 years of experience
- MBA or Master’s Degree relating to Strategy And/Or Operations
- Work at our new headquarters right by Cannon Street Station. The office has a prayer room, nap room, onsite gym, and a rooftop garden overlooking Tower Bridge. We hold firm wide meetings on our basketball court
- Flexible working, including parent friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days - all made easy by our great use of tech including video conferencing, slack, workplace
- Maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside
- Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources
- Company benefits including: discounted private healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership, cycle parking)
- Company wide tech talks with internal and external speakers, and a calendar of tech meet ups hosted on the premises
- Regular team off-sites
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Every Friday we order lunch for everyone from restaurants on the Deliveroo platform
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.