Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free for all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 200 cities.
Business Intelligence Infrastructure Engineer
As an Infrastructure Engineer in the Business Analytics team, your primary responsibility will be the development and maintenance of the ETL-processed datasets that sit within our data warehouse. These feed many of the human-lead decisions that are made every day throughout Deliveroo, be it via analysis, curated reports, or raw exploration via a BI tool.
You'll be a key partner to data scientists in our Business Analytics verticals - Service & Delivery, Marketing & Engagement, Selection & Pricing, and Performance - so that they can achieve their goals. You will also maintain a similar relationship with data scientists in other teams, such as Product Analytics and Growth Analytics.
You'll also work closely with Deliveroo's Data Engineering team, as much of the work you do will have upstream dependances on products they own, including our internally built ETL workflow management tool. Together you will lead the development of analytics infrastructure at Deliveroo, and be the key link between engineering and analytics.
- A hunger for solving data problems, and for learning new techniques and skills whilst doing so.
- A passion for crafting clean, efficient and reliable SQL code, and good knowledge of underlying database concepts.
- Good command of at least one other programming language (e.g. Python).
- Fluent in source control methods, like Git.
- The ability (once up to speed) to identify, plan and execute on key development projects with a minimum of guidance and supervision.
- Strong attention to detail.
- A big-picture mentality that ensures you are always thinking about a long-term vision, whilst at the same time balancing the short-term needs of your stakeholders.
- Be able to communicate in a clear and concise manner with data scientists.
- Exposure to at least one BI tool (Tableau, Looker, Periscope etc.).
- Comfortable with concepts such as continuous integration and unit testing.
- API calling experience.
- Free food and LOTS of it.
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders).
- Subsidised gym membership.
- Top-notch kit. Bring your own or we'll get you a shiny new MacBook and stuff.
- An abundance of great online learning courses delivered by global universities.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.