Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast paced and blow off steam with free for all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
What your role will be
In this role you’ll be solving some of the most challenging and exciting strategic questions we have to answer to become the world-leader in food delivery. You will work very closely with the rest of the Strategy team and will be responsible for driving both the qualitative and quantitative analysis to help us design and execute the right strategy for each initiative.
We are looking for someone who is self-driven, highly analytical, enjoys problem-solving, and is comfortable working on concurrent projects. You will be working in a dynamic team and reporting to the Global Strategy Manager. The role is predominantly project-based, with a focus on high-impact global projects. You will work closely with Local, Central and Product teams across the business.
Qualities we’re looking for
Results-driven: You’ll work on high-impact global strategic projects. These could include figuring out what markets to launch next, defining our long-term payments strategy, or coming up with a plan to push a competitor out of the market.
Analytical and collaborative: We take an analytical approach for making business decisions. While there will definitely be some modelling involved, your role will also be about taking a step back to understand interdependencies and implications of your findings on other parts of the business. You should also be proactively consulting relevant stakeholders regularly to ensure buy-in for your recommendations and sense-check the pragmatism of your solutions.
Decisive and influential: You should be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, and be comfortable with making quick yet calculated decisions, even in times of ambiguity. You also need to make recommendations of changes, which could (or perhaps, should) be game-changing and communicate them across the business persuasively.
- 2-3 years in consulting, banking, or strategy-related function in a top-tier firm
- Quantitative degree from a top university (Physics, Maths, Engineering, Economics)
- Has a deep desire to solve real problems and sees the beauty of data and structure and how important these are to understanding a problem and identifying solutions
- Has exceptional organisational skills and pays attention to detail
- Is adept at conducting 80/20 analysis, drawing out business insights from that analysis, and presenting findings and recommendations persuasively
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence others
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a willingness to get your hands dirty
- Solid Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Knowledge of core SQL
- Experience in “ops-heavy” businesses