Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re five years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free for all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 200 cities.
We’re looking for talented people to join our Operations Team and help to keep our hard-working riders happy and motivated.
Rider engagement drives Deliveroo's relationship with riders, keeping them at the heart of everything we do.
Engagement translates rider feedback into meaningful change that improves the overall rider experience and, in turn communicates these improvements back across the fleet.
Through a deep understanding of what riders want, engagement represents the voice of the rider across the business to ensure that Deliveroo is the company that riders choose to work with now and into the future.
Purpose: Own the overall rider engagement strategy for your country market, including face-to-face engagement and understanding riders, rewards programmes, national and local partnerships and comms & content
- Localising and adapting the global rider engagement strategy for your market
- Translating the strategy into actionable plans with objectives and measures
- Understanding and drawing insights from quantitative and qualitative data
- Managing the rider engagement team in your country market to deliver the strategy
- Reviewing and signing off campaigns and initiatives, both proactive and reactive
- Getting the best out of the specialists in your team and elsewhere in the business
- Leading creative discussions and projects to decide on campaigns and initiatives
- Tracking and reporting against objectives, KPIs and budgets
- Supporting with content creation, rewards programmes and comms & content
- Working with the central HQ team to make the most of the engagement strategy in your country
- Reporting on progress to senior stakeholders across the business
- Understand and represent feedback from riders in decisions across the business
- Building and owning Riders’ partnerships network in Italy, working tightly with internal teams at our London HQ and across our international markets
- Helping set the partnership strategy, you’ll research sectors and identify partnership structures that can help us achieve our rider engagement strateies.
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience, including at least 2 years’ people or functional management experience
- English and Italian - business proficient
- Experience of a working in a people-facing role
- Strategic outlook and the ability to step back and zoom in as necessary
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
- Creativity to contribute to discussions and projects around campaigns and initiatives
- Great attention to detail, especially with content and copy
- Sufficient numeracy to make actionable insights from quantitative and qualitative data sets
Nice to have:
- Experience managing a budget
- Experience in face-to-face engagement, rewards programmes or content
- Become one of the first employees of the world’s fastest growing on-demand delivery company
- Open, respectful, fun company culture
- Monthly transport, phone and gym allowance
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.