Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re five years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free for all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 200 cities.
The Global Insurance Manager will protect Deliveroo’s assets and liabilities by arranging and purchasing insurance or by identifying other risk financing methods. You will ensure the management and development of the most effective risk transfer solutions that meets both global and local business needs of Deliveroo, it’s riders and restaurant partners and satisfies all regulatory or legal compliance criteria as agreed with the Deliveroo legal team. You will be the subject matter expert for Insurance throughout Deliveroo and a commercial and practical partner to the business.
- Working with business colleagues and with Intermediaries, Brokers, Advisors and Insurance Suppliers to gather and review renewal information for corporate, rider and restaurant partner insurance arrangements
- Lead the Property, Liability and D&O renewal process to ensure that the programmes are cost effective and that the scope of cover is appropriate for Deliveroo’s, business activities, requirements, risk profile and appetite
- Make recommendations and give advice, to the Chief Legal Officer and other business leaders, on insurance cover requirements, wordings, products and premium costs Identify changes in exposure, either at renewal or mid-term, and ensure that the insurance cover is up to date and that necessary declarations and disclosures meet agreed processes and the requirements of the Insurance Act
- Responsible to the business for the management of the insurance cost budget and ensure that programmes are compliant and that premiums are allocated and paid in accordance with the financial management processes and strategies
- Assist in the negotiation of the contractual insurance obligations placed upon pr by Deliveroo and ensure that the appropriate insurance is arranged to protect appropriately.
- Manage the property and liability claims processes to ensure that all applicable incidents are identified and reported to insurers and that all necessary information is provided to support the insurers efficient handling of claims. Control of all claims within deductible and claims of greatest impact and severity
- By analysing insurance coverage and incident/claims activity, identify areas for improved risk management practices, particularly in relation to Deliveroo’s property, its people and its exposures to third parties
- Identify and report, to the Chief Legal Officer, any insurance or claims related activity that might be commercially sensitive or might impact Deliveroo’s reputation
- Work with the business to support the identification and development of policies and procedures that ensure that risks are managed effectively from an insurance viewpoint
- Identify any opportunities to develop automation, IT or technology solutions for the management of the insurance portfolio or incident and claims management
- Be the focal point for the business to resolve insurance related queries, working closely with insurance providers and intermediaries
- Understand and evaluate all relevant risk and insurance legislation to ensure that Deliveroo is compliant and processes are aligned to meet requirements
- Promote and maintain a risk management culture in order to minimise Deliveroo’s cost of risk
- Ensure that all stakeholders, both centrally and locally, understand the extent of insurance coverage and the extent of insurable risk that is absorbed and retained
- Direct previous responsibility for International insurance policies and regulatory frameworks
- Extensive experience of handling large projects and knowledge of insurance policy contracts and wordings and insurance law
- ACII professional qualification
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications and Excel in particular
- Social media applications, consumer and operational Apps and ability to adapt to new IT and technology platforms and acquire an understanding of the logic behind them
- Membership of Airmic and/or the IRM and other relevant professional qualifications are also advantageous
- Work at our new headquarters right by Cannon Street Station. The office has a prayer room, nap room, onsite gym, and a rooftop garden overlooking Tower Bridge. We hold firmwide meetings on our basketball court
- Flexible working, including parent friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days - all made easy by our great use of tech including video conferencing, slack, workplace
- Maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside
- Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources
- Company benefits including: discounted private healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership, cycle parking)
- Company wide tech talks with internal and external speakers, and a calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises
- Regular team off-sites
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Every Friday we order lunch for everyone from restaurants on the Deliveroo platform
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.