Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chow mein market and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re five years in, and along the way our team has taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free for all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 200 cities.
The Dutch and Belgian Operations teams will soon be merged into one strong team. The merged Benelux Operations department will be made up of four pillars: Support, Supply, Performance and Engagement. We are looking for a Dutch-speaking Operations Associate to join the Supply team. You will be based in our Antwerp office but travel regularly (1-2 times a week) to and from our head office in Brussels. You will play a significant role in contributing to and deciding the Supply team’s strategy going forward, particularly with regards to:
- Optimizing and structuring the most efficient and effective Rider onboarding process.
- Using historical data and estimates to determine optimal fleet sizes by city.
- Using data analysis and logic to recommend changes to the onboarding strategy.
Here’s what a day in the life of an Operations Associate could look like!
09:30 -09:45 Sharing weekend experiences with your colleagues.
10:00 -10:30 Weekly kick-off meeting with the full Benelux team.
11:00 -12:00 Catching up on your e-mails and going through the week’s plan of action
12:00 -12:30 Discussing ongoing cases with the Operations Performance team
12:30 - 13:00 Answering questions from Riders and colleagues on an ad hoc basis
13:00 - 13:30 Awesome lunch (yum!)
13:30 - 16:00 Further optimizing the Rider onboarding process based on last week's data.
16:00 - 16:30 1-1 meeting with your manager.
16:30 - 16:45 Clear your head with a refreshing walk in the park.
16:45 - 18:30 Doing some analysis on a Supply-team project about restructuring rider pipelines.
- A completed a University degree;
- Fluent in Dutch and English;
- 0-2 years work experience and with data & Excel;
- Technical background & strong analytical skills;
- You have a self driven & great problem-solving ability;
- Quick switch between multiple systems and multitasking in a fast environment
- Free food and LOTS of it
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Subsidised gym membership
- Top-notch kit. Bring your own or we'll get you a shiny new Macbook and stuff.
- An extremely fun team to work alongside!
- Abundance of great online learning courses delivered by global universities
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.