Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We are the leading food delivery company in 200 cities in 12 countries, and are growing fast. We are backed by over $1 billion in capital from top global investors.
We solve complex problems at Deliveroo: in real time, we connect millions of customers with 50,000 restaurants and riders to deliver food in under 30 minutes. And we constantly innovate: whether it means investing in bespoke super-kitchens to host our restaurant partners in new areas they wouldn’t venture into, launching a marketplace+ model to allow restaurant partners to use their own fleet of riders or Deliveroo’s fleet, or setting up a food purchasing ecosystem to allow our partners to leverage purchasing scale.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast paced and determined to build the definitive good company of the future.
The Global Commercial Director will be responsible for maximizing Deliveroo’s revenue growth by offering customers a range of compelling restaurants to choose from at all times, while meeting our restaurant partners' financial objectives. This role is the single-point owner of Deliveroo’s selection strategy globally, and all sales teams globally will have reporting lines into this role. The role will be responsible for:
- Central Sales teams, our Marketplace+ team, and our Deliveroo for Business business unit
- Building a set of tools to identify what customers in each of Deliveroo's zones globally want across a range of cuisines, price points, and brands
- Set commission targets and coverage targets by restaurant for our sales teams
- Ensure sales teams in markets execute against their selection plan
- Jointly own the net revenue target globally for Deliveroo
- 10+ years work experience;
- Strong sales skills and track record of business development success
- Recent experience leading a large commercial team;
- Strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Strong knowledge of marketplace businesses is a plus;
- Ability to motivate teams to hit targets,
- Experience in a high-growth business environment or start-up a plus
- Free food and LOTS of it
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- A brand new extremely impressive and fun office complete with nap room, onsite gym, basketball court and a rooftop overlooking Tower Bridge
- Subsidised gym membership
- Top-notch kit. Bring your own or we'll get you a shiny new Macbook and stuff
- An extremely fun team to work alongside!
- Abundance of great online learning courses delivered by global universities
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.