Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We solve complex problems in real time, connecting millions of customers with thousands of restaurants and riders to deliver food in more than 200 cities in 12 countries. All in under 30 minutes.
We constantly innovate: whether that means investing in bespoke super-kitchens to host our restaurant partners in new areas, launching a Marketplace+ model to allow restaurant partners to use their own fleet of riders, or setting up a food purchasing ecosystem to allow our partners to leverage purchasing scale.
Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced, and on a mission to change the way people eat. It’s ambitious, but so are we. And we need more people like you.
The best businesses in the world use data in everything they do, and it's our job to make that happen for Deliveroo. We work without silos - talking directly to the people doing the job, whether it's operations, engineering, marketing or development. As well as building clear reports and models, we aim to fully understand our data to derive insights that drive change in the business. And we do all of this at startup speed.
As a Quantitative Market Research Analyst (Marketing and Engagement) in the Business Analytics Team, your primary mission is to lead the provision of sophisticated data analysis, business intelligence, modelling and research services that increase the understanding of current and potential customers.
- Oversee Deliveroo’s customer research data collection and analysis
- Conceive and develop research analysis to extend and improve Deliveroo's understanding of our customers
- Champion the voice of the customer through clear storytelling which delivers insight derived from sound analysis
We are looking for data scientists and research professionals who bring fresh ideas from all areas with strong technical skills. This role is ideally suited for a creative, highly motivated and career driven individual who is excited about the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment and solve challenging problems. You'll be a key partner to our Brand Marketing teams, market research agency partners and our local marketing teams across the world as well as to our data science and research teams.
- Experience working with research datasets, Brand Trackers and other brand/customer surveys.
- Knowledge and experience of statistical sampling and re-weighting techniques.
- Experience working with survey data (data manipulation, statistical analysis, mixed methods).
- Knowledge of SQL and R/Python/SPSS or other relevant programming languages.
- Comfortable using regression techniques for causal inference.
- Able to communicate in a clear and concise manner and convey technical concepts to non-experts.
- Experience working with Market Research Agencies.
- Understanding of conjoint and maximum differential analysis.
- Knowledge of Drivers Analysis (LMG, MNL, Ridge Regression; Chaid Trees), Pricing models (VW Models, Gabor Granger), Brand positioning (Correspondence analysis), maxdiff, conjoint analysis.
- Knowledge of data collection, storage, management and cleaning techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communication, influencing and partnership skills.
- Working knowledge of data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker, Periscope).
- Amazing HQ office located in central London with collaborative working spaces.
- Free Deliveroo Plus - free delivery and access to special offers.
- Flexible working, including parent-friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days.
- Maternity, paternity, and shared parental leave.
- Prayer room, nap room, and a stunning rooftop garden.
- Learning resources and support for attending/speaking at conferences.
- Discounted private healthcare, pension contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership.
- Friday lunches on us from all your favourite places.
- Summer and end-of-year parties, plus regular social events.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.