Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to sink your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for-all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 160 cities.
What we do
The best businesses in the world use data in everything they do, and it's our job to make that happen for Deliveroo. We work without silos - talking directly to the people doing the job, whether it's operations, engineering, marketing or development. As well as building clear reports and models, we aim to fully understand our data to derive insights that drive change in the business. And we do all of this at startup speed.
As a Market Research Analyst (Marketing and Engagement) in the Business Analytics Team, your primary mission is to lead the provision of sophisticated data analysis, modelling and research services that increase the understanding of current and potential customers.
- Oversee Deliveroo’s customer research data collection and analysis
- Conceive and develop research analysis to extend and improve Deliveroo's understanding of our customers
- Champion the voice of the customer through clear storytelling which delivers insight derived from sound analysis
We are looking for data scientists and research professionals who bring fresh ideas from all areas with strong technical skills. This role is ideally suited for a creative, highly motivated and career driven individual who is excited about the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment and solve challenging problems. You'll be a key partner to our Brand Marketing teams, market research agency partners and our local marketing teams across the world as well as to our data science and research teams
- A hunger for solving difficult problems with data, and for learning new techniques and skills whilst doing so.
- Knowledge and experience of statistical sampling and re-weighting techniques
- Experience working with survey data (data manipulation, statistical analysis, mixed methods)
- Comfortable using regression techniques for causal inference
- Able to communicate in a clear and concise manner and convey technical concepts to non-experts.
- Experience working with research datasets, Brand Trackers and other brand/customer surveys
- Experience working with Market Research Agencies
- Understanding of conjoint and maximum differential analysis
- Knowledge of Drivers Analysis (LMG, MNL, Ridge Regression; Chaid Trees), Pricing models (VW Models, Gabor Granger), Brand positioning (Correspondence analysis), maxdiff, conjoint analysis
- Knowledge of SQL and R/Python/SPSS or other relevant programming languages
- Knowledge of data collection, storage, management and cleaning techniques
- Strong verbal and written communication, influencing and partnership skills
- Working knowledge of data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker, Periscope)
- Fantastic exposure to scaling a product at an incredible pace.
- Conferences and courses; we're all about professional development.
- An in-office gym and subsidised membership at a number of local gyms.
- Regular off-sites with the team, as well as games nights and fitness classes.
- Food. So much food.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.