Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re five years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free for all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 200 cities.
You will be a senior project manager in the global brand marketing department, working closely with a small team of dedicated project managers and marketing leads, reporting to the brand marketing director.
As senior PM your role will include process implementation and development, PM team development and support, as well as project management of individual projects.
Each PM is responsible for ensuring that the projects assigned to them are managed correctly in terms of:
- Scoping the brief with key stakeholders - defining requirements, timelines, budget, stakeholders, communication plan, risk plans
- Drawing up the project plan and keeping it updated
- Setting up and managing timelines with resource allocation
- Monitoring project progress against scope (including budget) and resolving problems as they arise
- Communicating to all stakeholders on progress, risks and changes
- Delivery of the project on time and on budget
- Post-project evaluation and continual learning
The PM is responsible from the beginning (definition stage) to the end of project (handover and completion).
You will have:
- A sharp eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Natural leadership abilities
- Great time management, prioritisation and organisational skills
- A calm demeanour
- Curiosity and enthusiasm for project stakeholders’ product areas
- A drive for great standards
- The ability to work well with a wide range of people from different parts of the business in HQ as well as the international teams
- The ability to inspire, support and understand the interplay between people, processes and systems
- A great appetite (we love eating)
- A good sense of humour!
Project management qualifications (like APM PMQ) would be beneficial, as would previous experience working in an agency environment.
- Fantastic exposure to scaling a tech team at a unique pace
- Work at our new headquarters right by Cannon Street Station. The office has a prayer room, nap room, onsite gym, and a rooftop garden overlooking Tower Bridge. We hold firmwide meetings on our basketball court
- Flexible working, including parent friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days - all made easy by our great use of tech including video conferencing, slack, workplace
- Maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside
- Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources
- Company benefits including: discounted private healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership, cycle parking)
- Company wide tech talks with internal and external speakers, and a calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises
- Regular team off-sites
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Every Friday we order lunch for everyone from restaurants on the Deliveroo platform
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.