What we do
At Deliveroo, we're on a mission to change the way people eat. To do this, we need to make products that are relatable and understandable – and that's why we need you.
Since 2013, we’ve been delivering food from the best restaurants to customers in less than 30 minutes. Backed with investment from the likes of Index Ventures, DST and Accel, we now operate in over 200 cities across 12 countries in Europe and APAC.
The Growth team at Deliveroo has the enviable remit of ‘anything goes’. What does that mean? While anything they can think of to grow Deliveroo is on the table, the team’s challenge is to identify the highest leverage ideas, turn them into compelling customer experiences, test them super quickly, then build on the best of them.
The kind of designer the Growth team needs will be pragmatic, tenacious, comfortable juggling multiple projects and switching contexts and will love creating great hypothesis-driven ideas and seeing them through to the wild.
You’ll care equally about a great customer experience and business impact, and be creative and relentless in achieving both, leading by example for the whole team. We know that when it comes to pulling off a great experiment, execution is everything. Brilliant design is pivotal to the team's success.
On a day to day basis you will:
- Design and deliver experiments and features across all our platforms and markets that help Deliveroo grow
- Build from customer-centric hypotheses and designing a fantastic user experience to best make them fly
- Help us to distinguish between ideas which have plenty of scope for a great user experience versus those which will be much harder to make compelling. Then finding creative ways to solve those harder problems.
- Be a strong champion for great user experience, yet pragmatic enough to test out hypotheses quickly, doubling down in the areas that show promise. Help us spend our time on the most impactful areas of user experience.
- Think of the quickest way to prove or disprove a hypothesis, using any means necessary
- Work with teams across the company to make magical and surprising experiences happen
- Work with researchers to discover and explore new themes and seams of growth
What you should bring
We are looking for an exceedingly strong Senior Product Designer to join our product team at Deliveroo. We value intellectual humility, an eagerness to learn, and the ability to move quickly while being pragmatic about your decisions. But above all else, we're looking for unique personalities with varied backgrounds that add something new to our team.
This role is for you if you:
- Have several years' experience in an individual contributor role on a product design team or equivalent
- Are a strong advocate and champion for the user’s voice and care deeply about their experience
- Are a keen problem solver - you enjoy thinking through complex product challenges and care about solving the right problem
- Are fantastic at communicating your thinking and design decisions - you’re able to get people along on the journey with you
- Are well versed at working with disciplines in your work to achieve the best outcome, such as user research, content and engineering
- Have a great appetite (we love eating!)
- Have a good sense of humour!
You don’t need to have a degree to apply. What matters is you and the work you do.
What you can expect
We try to encourage an informal, passionate and respectful culture where you are given the trust and autonomy to do what you think is right for the company. We’re also deeply committed to continuous improvement as a team and company, so everyone’s input and contribution to making the team better is hugely valued. But most of all, we are creating an energetic and entrepreneurial working environment - no two days will ever feel the same.
Beyond that, we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Whatever equipment you need
- Generous pension plan
- An in-house gym and a subsidised gym membership
- Flexible working hours
- Relocation support
- Casual and fun working environment designed for productivity, with beverages and healthy snacks and free lunch on Fridays
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.