Job Title: Product Analytics Manager
Location: London, Cannon Street
Closing Date: 20th January 2019
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Our business rests on data, and we use data to inform and evaluate our decisions on a constant basis. We’re a consumer-facing brand, with websites and mobile apps which help customers find great quality food which can be brought to them to satisfy their needs anytime day or night. We’re a logistics company, directing a fleet of riders around major cities across the globe using a dedicated native app. We’re a partner to restaurants, who see us as a way to unlock access to new customers and thus maximize the revenue of their existing business, and who interact with us in several ways.
The Product Analytics Manager role will help lead a team of dedicated Data Scientists to find insights and opportunities within our Restaurant platforms.
As part of the role you will:
- Contribute data-driven analysis and insight, both directly and through your team, to help Deliveroo continue in its evolution of automated model driven optimtisation and system self-configuration
- Lead a team of Data Scientists who are embedded into product teams across the Restaurant group.
- Help those analysts provide insightful pieces of analysis to discover areas of opportunities that shape the product teams roadmaps
- Work with the product analysts to help the product teams produce test plans and analysis of A/B tests to help drive improvement in our platforms
- Work directly with analysts, product managers, developers, QAs, user researchers, designers and algorithm engineers to make sure that data is being used in the correct way during the decision process
- Become a mentor to the team to help them turn their data-driven insights into actionable and well communicated pieces of analysis
- Become instrumental in improving and implementing processes and values that help us continue to be effective as the company scales.
- Work with other analytical leads across Product, Business Intelligence and Growth to provide a learning and development environment for the analysts within Deliveroo
- You have proven leadership skills as line manager to a team of analysts
- You have proven experience in a similar data analyst role and a BSc degree (or higher) in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or any other highly quantitative field.
- You have experience running A/B and multivariate tests and the statistics behind how to run these type of tests
- You have experience in SQL and another programming language (e.g. R, Python)
- You are someone who enjoys communicating and building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders and are able to explain complex topics in simple terms
- The sort of personality who thrives in a fast-moving and quickly changing environment.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.