Job Title: Product Analytics Manager
Location: London, Cannon Street
Closing Date: 23rd August 2018
Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free for all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
Our business rests on data, and we use data to inform and evaluate our decisions on a constant basis. We’re a consumer-facing brand, with websites and mobile apps which help customers find great quality food which can be brought to them to satisfy their needs anytime day or night. We’re a logistics company, directing a fleet of riders around major cities across the globe using a dedicated native app. We’re a partner to restaurants, who see us as a way to unlock access to new customers and thus maximize the revenue of their existing business, and who interact with us in several ways.
The Product Analytics Manager role will help lead a team of dedicated Data Scientists to find insights and opportunities within our Restaurant platforms.
As part of the role you will:
- Contribute data-driven analysis and insight, both directly and through your team, to help Deliveroo continue in its evolution of automated model driven optimtisation and system self-configuration
- Lead a team of Data Scientists who are embedded into product teams across the Restaurant group.
- Help those analysts provide insightful pieces of analysis to discover areas of opportunities that shape the product teams roadmaps
- Work with the product analysts to help the product teams produce test plans and analysis of A/B tests to help drive improvement in our platforms
- Work directly with analysts, product managers, developers, QAs, user researchers, designers and algorithm engineers to make sure that data is being used in the correct way during the decision process
- Become a mentor to the team to help them turn their data-driven insights into actionable and well communicated pieces of analysis
- Become instrumental in improving and implementing processes and values that help us continue to be effective as the company scales.
- Work with other analytical leads across Product, Business Intelligence and Growth to provide a learning and development environment for the analysts within Deliveroo
- You have proven leadership skills as line manager to a team of analysts
- You have proven experience in a similar data analyst role and a BSc degree (or higher) in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or any other highly quantitative field.
- You have experience running A/B and multivariate tests and the statistics behind how to run these type of tests
- You have experience in SQL and another programming language (e.g. R, Python)
- You are someone who enjoys communicating and building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders and are able to explain complex topics in simple terms
- The sort of personality who thrives in a fast-moving and quickly changing environment.
- Free food and LOTS of it
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- A brand new extremely impressive and fun office complete with nap room, onsite gym, basketball court and a rooftop overlooking Tower Bridge
- Subsidised gym membership
- Top-notch kit. Bring your own or we'll get you a shiny new Macbook and stuff.
- An extremely fun team to work alongside!
- Abundance of great online learning courses delivered by global universities
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.