What we do
At Deliveroo, we're on a mission to change the way people eat. To do this, we need to make products that are relatable and understandable – and that's why we need you.
Since 2013, we’ve been delivering food from the best restaurants to customers in less than 30 minutes. Backed with investment from the likes of Index Ventures, DST and Accel, we now operate in over 200 cities across 12 countries in Europe and APAC.
The UI Infrastructure team is part of the Content, Research and Design group at Deliveroo. The team aims to improve the quality and development speed of UI products by building design systems, guidelines and tools to support designers and engineers. As a Senior Product Designer in the UI Infrastructure team, you will be accountable for the quality and the utility of our design resources and processes.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Define standards: Work closely with design teams in defining, designing and evolving high-level design patterns, UI kits, guidelines, and custom tooling. Balance product needs and technical feasibility to build a scalable, usable system.
- Communicate: Ensure that everyone is equipped to adopt design systems as they grow and evolve. Proactively communicating changes and updates, gathering feedback to adjust the system, and unblocking designers as they run into issues.
- Drive excellence: Championing consistency, a high degree of UI craft, and the inclusion of illustration and animation in our products. Scheduling and facilitating regular meetings for planning and critique of design work.
- Assist with technical implementation: Work closely with UI engineers who build and maintain design systems in code.
What you might work on
UI infrastructure touches every product at Deliveroo. You’ll be exposed to a number of very different areas, such as:
- Our Rider apps
- Products for our Restaurants
- Our suite of Consumer products
- Internal Tools to help us provide better customer service
What you should bring
We value intellectual humility, an eagerness to learn, and the ability to move quickly while being pragmatic about your decisions. But above all else, we're looking for unique personalities with varied backgrounds that add something new to our team.
This role is for you if you:
- Have experience in designing and deploying design systems at scale
- Have a deep knowledge of platform-specific patterns (e.g. iOS Human interface guidelines, Android Material guidelines)
- Have a well trained eye for great visual design execution. You care about getting things right - one pixel off is a big deal.
- Are fantastic at communicating your thinking and design decisions
- Enjoy rallying people around shared goals and fostering mindset changes with teams
- Have a working knowledge of front-end technologies on web, iOS, and Android
- Have a great appetite (we love eating!)
- Have a good sense of humour!
You don’t need to have a degree to apply. What matters is you and the work you do.
What you can expect
We try to encourage an informal, passionate and respectful culture where you are given the trust and autonomy to do what you think is right for the company. We’re also deeply committed to continuous improvement as a team and company, so everyone’s input and contribution to making the team better is hugely valued. But most of all, we are creating an energetic and entrepreneurial working environment - no two days will ever feel the same.
Beyond that, we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Whatever equipment you need
- Generous pension plan
- An in-house gym and a subsidised gym membership
- Flexible working hours
- Relocation support
- Casual and fun working environment designed for productivity, with beverages and healthy snacks and free lunch on Fridays
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.