Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re five years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free for all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 200 cities.
We’re looking for a Senior Manager, Marketing Operations to lead a team responsible for global marketing projects, tools & processes, and creative project management. This is a newly formed team that will play a critical role in enabling excellent marketing execution across the 12 markets in which we operate.
A successful candidate will be expected to think and act both strategically and tactically. She or he will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to think big while paying careful attention to detail.
- Identify and deliver strategic projects that improve marketing operational efficiency and/or help the business live and breathe the Deliveroo brand. For example:
- Lead content planning approach and delivery for key seasonal events across 12 markets
- Identify and implement new workflow management tool for in-house creative studio
- Lead creative project management for global advertising campaign, liaising with local markets, brand strategy, and the creative studio.
- Support in development of monthly, quarterly and annual strategic planning and budget processes.
- Own the definition of processes and standards for brand marketing communications
- Champion collaboration across both HQ marketing and other HQ functional teams (PR, Commercial, Growth) as well as HQ marketing and local teams.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing/learnings across HQ teams and local teams.
- Surface pain-points and broken processes. Diagnose areas of optimisation and demonstrate hypothesis driven problem solving abilities. Then lead actions that lead to tangible improvements.
- Build the ‘strategic and execution muscle’ in the marketing org. Lead by example and raise-the-bar. Bring best practices and prior experience into Deliveroo and adapt for our culture and ways of working.
- An ability to think clearly, solve problems, scope requirements, and prioritize project work
- A strong sense of urgency and a relentless commitment to high-standards
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary to get the job done
- Ability to negotiate across multiple groups of stakeholders with competing priorities and influence without direct authority
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- 3-5 years’ experience in a top strategy consultancy, tech, FMCG, or retail company
- Demonstrated experience managing projects across multiple countries
- Masters degree or MBA from a top University preferred but not required
- Fantastic exposure to scaling a tech team at a unique pace
- Work at our new headquarters right by Cannon Street Station. The office has a prayer room, nap room, onsite gym, and a rooftop garden overlooking Tower Bridge. We hold firmwide meetings on our basketball court
- Flexible working, including parent friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days - all made easy by our great use of tech including video conferencing, slack, workplace
- Maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside
- Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources
- Company benefits including: discounted private healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership, cycle parking)
- Company wide tech talks with internal and external speakers, and a calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises
- Regular team off-sites
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Every Friday we order lunch for everyone from restaurants on the Deliveroo platform
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-ups around.