Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast paced and blow off steam with free for all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 200 cities.
The Head of Construction for Europe and APAC will be part of a team responsible for managing and coordinating the delivery of Deliveroo Editions sites in our European and APAC cities. This will include liaising with the Head of Editions for each country, managing external consultants and contractors, and providing accurate reporting.
- Providing accurate CAPEX costs for new Editions sites
- Co-ordinate and managing construction of new Editions sites and refurbs
- Liaising with the Acquisition managers for financial appraisals of the proposed development projects
- Carrying out post project reviews to establish learnings and best practice
- Communication with key stakeholders, through accurate and timely reporting
- Compliance with all statutory legislation
- Managing dependencies, resources and scheduling constraints, and any issues across multiple projects
The role requires strong project management skills with a strong track-record of hitting and exceeding business targets/deadlines:
- 8+ years project management experience
- Experience working in Western Europe and APAC regions
- A driven and flexible self starter who can prioritise a challenging workload
- Construction and F&B/catering experience, ideal
- Flexible and available for international travel
- Multilingual; including French
- Experience with managing multiple projects
- Free food and LOTS of it
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- A brand new extremely impressive and fun office. complete with nap room, onsite gym, basketball court and a rooftop overlooking Tower Bridge
- Subsidised gym membership
- Top-notch kit. Bring your own or we'll get you a shiny new Macbook and stuff
- An extremely fun team to work alongside!
- Abundance of great online learning courses delivered by global universities
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.