When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
We are looking for someone to help our restaurant partners with their day to day inquiries as a part of our Partner Service team. The team is rather new and the role is quite junior and may involve admin heavy duties. There will be plenty of opportunity to grow and expand the role. You will be responsible to answer inquiries by our restaurant partners over the phone and through email. This is a role for a motivated, self starter who is looking for a job that has career advancement opportunities.
Your role will include:
- Provide technical support to restaurant partner staff
- Maintain restaurant records by updating account information.
- Work closely with the Account Executive, Account Management and Customer Service team in ensuring service levels are met.
- Deal with the creation and updating of our restaurant menus
- Excellent written and spoken Cantonese and English
- Cheerful personality, good team player and ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Able to communicate across different teams and resolve any issues that might arise
- Experience with Salesforce would be beneficial
- University students are welcomed
- Able to effectively communicate to a wide range of people via telephone or email
Students planning for a gap year will also be considered.