Who We Are
We’re in the business of delivering awesome meals into everyone's home or office – fast.
We achieve this by building and running a superb website, suite of mobile apps, a complex logistical platform, a fleet of passionate drivers, and a global operation, all to help bring great food from the world's best-loved local restaurants to consumers with an unparalleled level of convenience. We don’t want people to have to suffer with bad takeaway delivered an age after they order.
In this role, you’ll be helping the hospitality industry grow as a member of the Restaurants Technology team that’s responsible for building the best food delivery platform for our restaurant partners.
We’re looking for an experienced and personable Technical Account Manager with excellent technical, communication and organizational skills and a passion for evangelising technology. Previous experience rolling out technology to the casual dining industry and an understanding of their business needs and technical requirements is a bonus.
You will work alongside our Product Development and Account Management teams to drive the adoption of the new technical features of our restaurant platform, in particular, our new API product that enables Point of Sale integrations. Enabling our restaurant partners to adopt our technology is crucial to growing their business, which has a wider impact on the growth of the industry and global economy. You should be comfortable and excited about supporting a company and team that has a transformational impact on the global hospitality industry.
- Previous experience of successful sales and account management, particularly selling global software as a service (SaaS) products from end to end
- Relationship building skills - strong client service ethic and a keen interest in building long-term business partnerships
- Experience conducting market research in order to build a market-led proposal
- Understanding of Software development life cycle and product management methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to influence and motivate people across a broad variety of job functions through your relationships
- Strong organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items
Good to have
- Experience working directly with engineering teams
- Experience working within large international organisations and selling in International markets
- Exposure to the casual dining industry
- Fantastic exposure to scaling a tech team at a unique pace
- Work at our new headquarters right by Cannon Street Station. The office has a prayer room, nap room, onsite gym, and a rooftop garden overlooking Tower Bridge. We hold firmwide meetings on our basketball court
- Flexible working, including parent-friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days - all made easy by our great use of tech including video conferencing, slack, workplace
- Maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside
- Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources
- Company benefits including: discounted private healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership, cycle parking)
- Company-wide tech talks with internal and external speakers, and a calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises
- Regular team off-sites
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Every Friday we order lunch for everyone from restaurants on the Deliveroo platform
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.