Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date. We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live. And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for-all Friday lunches. It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
We’re looking for talented people to join our expanding Commercial Finance department. As the scale and complexity of Deliveroo grows every day, we need dynamic, entrepreneurial, analytical thinkers to support in optimising decision making and driving quick, profitable growth. This is a perfect opportunity to become part of a team responsible for driving the strategic direction of the business. As a trusted business partner throughout the business you will be maintaining financial discipline throughout the company’s expansion.
The Commercial Finance Manager –Editions will partner closely with commercial and operational stakeholders in the Special Projects Team to provide decision support and insight. You will have a direct impact on the future direction of Deliveroo business. A majority of your time reviewing and proposing changes within the businesses and understanding the financial impact of these decisions. Towards month end, you will be responsible for GL level analytical review of the accounting results with the financial reporting team, understanding key drivers of the P&L and business reviews with Editions business partners. This job is perfect for someone who enjoys solving difficult problems and can manage various stakeholders.
- Partnering with the Editions team to review strategies and tactical business decision in their respective areas and support delivery of the overall business strategy and long-range plans.
- Understanding and influencing the underlying drivers of performance at cost centre level and, by aggregation, at business unit level.
- Providing pro-active, insightful, high quality analysis to support decision making in the context of wider business implications.
- Produce quarterly forecasts, budgets and long-range plans for the Editions business.
- Monthly review of draft financial information together with the financial reporting team.
- Understanding performance against targets and advising on corrective action.
- Participate in new systems / processes implementation aiming improved scalability.
- Partner with other members of the functional commercial finance team to better understand their functional areas on expertise as well as global initiatives effect on the UK.
Key competencies/skills: Commercially minded and entrepreneurial; Highly analytical problem solver; Ability to work independently and be a self-starter; Basic understanding of accounting treatments, analytical review skills; Strategic & operational level thinking; Experience influencing financial and non-financial stakeholders; passionate, motivated, proactive and flexible attitude; trust your judgement; lead by example
People management skills: Experience handling various decision-makers
Technical proficiencies: Advanced Excel, Powerpoint, Visio, SQL (nice to have)
Our values: Care About Outcomes; Give a shit; Be Straightforward; Respect Everyone; Never be complacent; Have fun
Qualifications: CA / CIMA or equivalent preferred.
Level of experience: 2-4 years PQE in key influencing roles
Employment Term: Full time
- Have a real impact on the company's growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day, in an energetic and entrepreneurial culture
- Friday lunches from our very own restaurant partners
- Highly subsidised gym membership
- Defined Contribution Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.