Job Title: Data Scientist, Product Analytics (Experimentation Focus)
Location: Cannon Street, London
Closing Date: 23rd August 2018
Deliveroo delivers food to hungry customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities. To ensure our continued success and international growth, we seek experienced data scientists to join our interdisciplinary team. As a Data Scientist with Experimentation Focus you are a specialist in advanced experimentation and data analysis techniques. You will have massive impact by driving forward our experiment design and analysis practices, and by quickly and confidently finding actionable, business-relevant stories in rich experiment data.
As a Data Scientist with Experimentation focus, you will you will:
- Bring scientific rigor, entrepreneurial thinking, and a hunger to design and analyze experiments that tell actionable stories with data
- Drive our experimental methods forward, finding faster, more sensitive, more interpretable designs and analyses
- Perform analysis and build models to inform prioritisation and planning of the product roadmap
- Be creative and pragmatic in identifying and quantifying opportunities for big impact across our business
- Challenge status quo and present your findings to the broader leadership team
- Translate critical, unstructured questions into testable hypotheses and then actionable answers
- Partner with PMs to ensure that product teams are rigorously data driven. Work closely with engineers, user researchers, designers, and other data scientists
- Collaboratively take us down a path to high-quality automated experiment reporting and automation
- Establish new experimentation standards by setting an example and teaching other Product Analytics Data Scientist
- Keeping up to date with relevant scientific and technical developments
- MSc degree (or higher) in statistics, psychology, neuroscience, econometrics, economics, or other field focusing intensively on statistically rigorous experiment design and analysis.
- Experience with ETL and queries optimisation.
- You care about impact and are constantly seeking the necessary conversations to ensure that you are doing the right data analysis at the right time. You see your job as making that business impact, not completing tasks.
- Deep expertise in large-scale digital experimentation, including strong grasp of concepts such as hypothesis testing and standard design and analysis techniques.
- Ability to rapidly break complex questions into simple, testable hypotheses.
- Ability to communicate the results of a complex analysis in a way that makes it understandable to a non-technical audience.
- Deep knowledge of SQL and another programming language such as Python or R
- 5+ years of research, consulting or industry experience
- Fantastic exposure to scaling a tech team at a unique pace
- Work at our new headquarters right by Cannon Street Station. The office has a prayer room, nap room, onsite gym, and a rooftop garden overlooking Tower Bridge. We hold firmwide meetings on our basketball court
- Flexible working, including parent friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days - all made easy by our great use of tech including video conferencing, slack, workplace
- Maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside
- Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources
- Company benefits including: discounted private healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership, cycle parking)
- Company wide tech talks with internal and external speakers, and a calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises
- Regular team off-sites
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Every Friday we order lunch for everyone from restaurants on the Deliveroo platform
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.