Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for- all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 200 cities.
The Business Development team are the backbone of Deliveroo, tasked with signing up the best restaurants in town to work with us. The BD managers are relentless in their pursuit of restaurants and are responsible for executing the entire sales cycle, from lead sourcing, to follow-ups, to closing deals. They are out in the field, meeting clients, walking into restaurants, and building a network of contacts within the F&B industry. But most importantly, they are always eating - how else can we make sure we sign up the best quality restaurants in Hong Kong?
This is a role for an intelligent, motivated, self starter to develop their sales career for a leading company within its market sector.
- Map and target restaurants across Hong Kong based on in-depth analysis of different areas
- Sales pitch restaurants on a daily basis through a variety of forums (email, phone, in-person), demonstrating complete knowledge of the Deliveroo business and technology
- Attend F&B industry events to build relationships and a contact network
- Oversee the full on-boarding process of a restaurant joining Deliveroo, from sign-up stage to live and operational on the platform
- Sample food from Hong Kong’s best and newest restaurants for quality control - always be eating!
- 1-2 years of Sales experience
- Good knowledge of Hong Kong’s F&B industry is a significant plus
- Be personable and approachable, with the ability to build relationships
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Must be fluent in Cantonese and English
- Ability to persuasively demonstrate product and industry knowledge to clients is a must
- You must be a self-starter, tenacious, and self-motivated. If you don't have these qualities, you won't excel here
- Have a real impact on the Company's growth and evolution
- Attractive commission structure
- Open, respectful, fun company culture
- Work with people who love what they do everyday
- BIG Friday lunches - Deliveroo'd to the office of course!
- Deliveroo PLUS – never pay the delivery fee when you order food!
- Mobility laterally or upwards within the company – show us you love what you do and are good at it, and we’ll notice.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.