Degreed is the upskilling platform that empowers growth and innovation through lifelong learning. We integrate everything people use to learn and build their careers—skill insights, LMSs, courses, videos, articles, and projects—and match everyone to growth opportunities that fit their unique skills, roles, and goals. Degreed enables employers to create a dynamic culture of learning to attract, grow and retain talent, drive individual development, and deliver business results.
Degreed India Engineering is looking for an experienced Backend Developer who is excited about architecting and implementing scalable systems to join our team. In this position you will work with the Product Manager, Engineering Manager, and other team members to implement reliable, robust and scalable solutions for external integrations as well add new features, fix bugs, and drive the Degreed product forward. We value individuals who are lifelong learners and passionate about taking new challenges with a continuous improvement mindset.
This role will be based in Bengaluru, India. After an in-office onboarding period, incumbents are expected to be available in office for a few days per week as part of hybrid work model. Candidates will also be required to travel internationally 1-2 times annually for full company gatherings.
Day in the Life
- Implementation of internal support tooling using Retool for the UI and REST APIs for the backend.
- Work with the Product Manager and the engineering team in planning technical stories for sprint releases
- Conduct research and participate in architecture/design discussions.
- Continuously evaluate and recommend improvements to existing engineering processes including deployment, monitoring, and troubleshooting
- Collaborate with your teammates to recommend technology decisions based on data
- As requested, provide input to the team’s commitments around design, architecture and project estimation.
Who You Are
There are only a handful of folks who meet all qualifications. We care more about hiring engineers that have a track record of shipping impactful, quality software than checking all of the boxes. So whether you meet all the qualifications or a partial set, we want to hear from you
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of software development experience with C#/.NET
- 1+ years of hands-on experience with MS SQL Server
- Solid understanding of data structures and algorithms
- 3+ years of demonstrated software engineering experience in an agile environment designing, architecting, and implementing robust distributed/scalable systems preferably for a modern SaaS application.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, technical and non-technical.
- Solution-driven with the ability to understand the big picture
- Lifelong learner and passionate about discovering new things and taking on new challenges.
What Sets You Apart
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field
- 1+ years of hands-on experience with Microsoft Azure cloud platform
- Experience with Containers and Serverless architecture
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform and/or Amazon Web Services
- Experience working in Retool or another UI builder application.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
Degreed is a remote-first company; however, our roles are open to in-office or flex work if you live in a city with a physical office location (when it is safe to return to the office). If this role has the opportunity to operate 100% virtually, it will be from your home office within any country that Degreed is authorized to do business. If this role is based in a Degreed office location, you will have the flexibility to work remotely if needed. As a global business, we primarily collaborate through virtual meetings (Zoom), email, and Slack. You will be required to operate a laptop computer, computer software platforms, and other office productivity machinery as necessary in this role. Due to the nature of this role, you must be able to remain stationary for extended periods and must be able to observe and interpret written and/or verbal communication.