Degreed is the upskilling platform that connects learning to opportunities. We integrate everything people use to learn and build their careers—skill insights, LMSs, courses, videos, articles, and projects—and match everyone to growth opportunities that fit their unique skills, roles, and goals. Degreed exists to discover, empower and recognize the next generation of the world's expertise.
We are looking for a highly motivated Localization Program Manager (Product) with a localization engineering background to join our team. As a Localization Program Manager (Product), you will be responsible for driving the localization process, developing the internationalization roadmap, and guiding product teams to ensure internationalization best practices are followed. You will support product teams to ensure that all releases are executed in an efficient and timely manner and coordinate bug resolution, ensuring excellent user experience.
Day in the Life
- Drive the localization process end-to-end to ensure successful product launches internationally
- Support product teams to ensure that all releases are executed in an efficient and timely manner
- Troubleshoot problems in the localization process, identify and create solutions, adapt tools to facilitate and streamline workflows
- Participate in the global release of features, working closely with product development teams
- Manage the machine translation engine in the workflow
- Evangelize internationalization best practices with the Product team
- Regular syncs with the Product team to support from the localization perspective
- Develop and manage internationalization roadmaps
- Manage in-context reviews, functional QAs, localization testing
- Coordinate localization bug resolution, ensuring excellent user experience. Proactively identify and prioritize technical process issues that affect localized product quality and functionality
- Implement and maintain the tools needed to automate workflows including translation management systems, machine translation tools and CMS’s
- Train and support localization team and product stakeholders on new tools and related processes
- Help manage the relationship with localization vendors and ensure streamlined communication among internal and external stakeholders
- Manage relationship with TMS provider, including recurrent meetings
- Develop and maintain clear documentation and process guides for product localization workflows
- Stay up-to-date with the latest quality assurance testing and localization technologies and functionalities
Who You Are
- 5+ years of relevant experience in localization
- Experience working closely with engineering teams implementing various solutions for localization
- Demonstrated knowledge of internationalization and localization standards
- Knowledge of localization testing best practices
- Experience with localization tools and processes (e.g., QA, FQA, different CAT tools, different TMS’s)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- Ability to work independently supporting various stakeholders, exchange feedback and meet deadlines under pressure
Work Environment & Physical Demands
Degreed is a remote-first company, however our roles are open to in-office or hybrid if you live in a city with a physical office location. This role has the opportunity to operate 100% virtually from your home office. We primarily collaborate with our US and International colleagues through virtual meetings (Zoom), email, and Slack. In this role, you will be required to operate a laptop computer (PC or Mac available), computer software platforms, and other office productivity machinery as necessary. Due to the nature of this role, you must be able to remain stationary for extended periods, and must be able to observe and interpret written and/or verbal communication.
Degreed provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Degreed will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Degreed uses the E-Verify employment verification program.