We are seeking a Software Development Engineer in Test to continue the evolution of our automated tests and make the building of reliable automated tests at Degreed as easy as possible. Our current core test technologies include Typescript and Cypress.io, but we always seek to use the best tools for the job.
This role will be based onsite in Bengaluru, India. After an in-office onboarding period, incumbents are expected to be available in office for a few days per week as part of hybrid work model. Candidates will also be required to travel internationally 1-2 times annually for full company gatherings.
Day In The Life:
- You will create and maintain automated end-to-end, API, integration, and mobile tests
- Key role in building and maintaining coded automated tests for various application tiers
- Collaborate with product owners to ensure tests validate acceptable quality criteria and standards
- Work closely with designers, UX, and other developers to gain understanding of new features, dependencies, and technical details
- Work closely with developers, product owners, and engineering managers to build quality into the development process
- Provide metrics for critical automation development and assist in release readiness discussions
- This description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict other tasks as assigned and is subject to change at any time.
Who You Are:
- You’re a well-rounded software engineer in test with at least 3+ years of experience writing automated test code. Experience with Cypress.io would be a big plus.
- You are experienced in designing and developing automated tests for modern web and/or mobile applications.
- You know how automated tests fit into the broader picture of CI/CD; experience with Azure pipelines would be a big plus.
- You are highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to work autonomously with minimal direction.
- You are able to develop automated tests that produce consistent and stable results.
- You are familiar with API testing as well as end-to-end testing.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
Degreed is a remote-first company; however, our roles are open to in-office or flex work if you live in a city with a physical office location (when it is safe to return to the office). If this role has the opportunity to operate 100% virtually, it will be from your home office within any country that Degreed is authorized to do business. If this role is based in a Degreed office location, you will have the flexibility to work remotely if needed. As a global business, we primarily collaborate through virtual meetings (Zoom), email, and Slack. You will be required to operate a laptop computer, computer software platforms, and other office productivity machinery as necessary in this role. Due to the nature of this role, you must be able to remain stationary for extended periods and must be able to observe and interpret written and/or verbal communication.