Degreed is the upskilling platform that connects learning to opportunities. We integrate everything people use to learn and build their careers—skill insights, LMSs, courses, videos, articles, and projects—and match everyone to growth opportunities that fit their unique skills, roles, and goals. Degreed exists to discover, empower and recognize the next generation of the world's expertise.
The Data Science team at Degreed works with large structured and unstructured datasets to understand how people develop the skills that they need to advance their careers. We are seeking a skilled and passionate NLP Analyst to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for analyzing and interpreting natural language data to extract valuable insights and support decision-making. You will use your expertise in natural language processing and machine learning to develop and implement NLP solutions for various business applications. Role must be based in India.
Day in the Life
- Design, implement, and evaluate natural language processing (NLP) models and systems to extract and analyze data from a variety of sources, including but not limited to analyzing, annotating, labeling and categorizing natural language data
- Develop and implement NLP solutions for various business applications, including but not limited to text classification, sentiment analysis, and entity extraction
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize business needs, and design and implement appropriate NLP solutions. Deliver fast while continually adjusting models according to real-time feedback
- Stay up-to-date with the latest NLP techniques and technologies, and continuously improve and optimize existing NLP models.
- Write technical reports and documents to communicate results and findings to stakeholders
- This description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict other tasks as assigned and is subject to change at any time.
Who You Are
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience identifying, analyzing, and interpreting patterns in text data sets
- 2+ years of relevant experience in analyzing, annotating and categorizing natural language data to support machine learning classification systems, NLP or search and recommendation systems.
- Expertise in the development of informative, insightful visualization using Amplitude, Demo, Tableau, Looker, or any other visualization tools
- Hands-on experience in cloud environment (Azure, AWS, GCP, etc)
- Strong coding skills in Python, or R
- Advanced skills in database querying (SQL, NoSQL)
- Experience building prototypes and experiments to validate technical ideas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to convey complex ideas clearly and simply
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Experience working remotely - It takes a self-motivated individual to thrive on a distributed team
- You are a lifelong learner and passionate about learning new things and taking on new challenges
What Sets You Apart
- A proven track record leading successful applied data science projects on NLP tasks such as text classification, language translation, and entity extraction
- Ability to work in different coding environments (local, notebooks, containers) and familiar with software engineering workflows (testing, code management/Git)
- Experience working with graph data models (RDF, Property), graph query languages (Gremlin, SPARQL, Cypher), or graph databases (Azure CosmosDB, Amazon Neptune, Neo4J, TigerGraph)
- Experience with tools and platforms like ElasticSearch, Microsoft Azure, AWS, BERT, GPT, Word2Vec (w2v), FastText
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Shiny
- A Master's or PhD in a related field (e.g. Computer Science, Data Science, Natural Language Processing)
Total Rewards at Degreed
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (both PPO and HDHP plans available)
- Dental and vision plans for you and your family
- Employer-paid life insurance, AD&D, short-term disability, and long-term disability
- Company equity
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with up to 4% match
- Company funded HSA and dependent care FSA (pending eligibility)
- Generous Parental Leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off and 5 sick days per year
- Education benefit: Up to $1,200 per year for anything you want to learn (and we mean anything)!
- One-time Home Office Stipend to make your workspace more comfortable
- Monthly internet and phone stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend through Twic