Degreed is the upskilling platform that empowers growth and innovation through lifelong learning. We integrate everything people use to learn and build their careers—skill insights, LMSs, courses, videos, articles, and projects—and match everyone to growth opportunities that fit their unique skills, roles, and goals. Degreed enables employers to create a dynamic culture of learning to attract, grow and retain talent, drive individual development, and deliver business results.
Degreed India is looking for an experienced Database Developer who is excited about designing, developing, and supporting scalable systems to join our team. In this role, you will work together as a member of a cross functional team to build new features, fix bugs, and drive the Degreed product forward.
This role will be based in Bengaluru, India. After an in-office onboarding period, this position will be remote-first but with requirements for recurring in-office days for team syncs and group gatherings. Candidates will also be required to travel internationally 1-2 times annually for full company gatherings.
Day in the Life
- Support a growing database through maintenance, upgrades, performance, analysis, and improvements.
- Recommend and carry out sound database schema design.
- Implement stored procedures and work with relational and document databases.
- Recommend and consult on solid reporting and data warehouse solutions.
- Collaborating with product owners to ensure features and changes meet business requirements and fulfill the Degreed strategy.
- Working closely with your Product Manager, Engineering Manager, and teammates to gain an understanding of new features, dependencies, and technical details.
- Learning, growing professionally, and contributing to an amazing team, playing a key role in fueling a massive change in learning and learning recognition
- Part of a rotation schedule for after hours or weekend on call support.
Who You Are
There are only a handful of folks who meet all qualifications. We care more about hiring engineers that have a track record of shipping impactful, quality software than checking all the boxes. So, whether you meet all the qualifications or a partial set, we want to hear from you.
- 3 years or more experience developing database solutions.
- Experience architecting and developing database schemas and stored procedures (SQL Server/T-SQL preferred)
- Capable of:
- Writing and analyzing the performance of SQL queries (T-SQL preferred).
- Creating highly scalable systems and frameworks.
- Working on a distributed team with asynchronous communication in a collaborative remote work environment.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, technical and non-technical.
- Solution-driven with the ability to understand the big picture.
- Lifelong learner and passionate about discovering new things and taking on new challenges.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to work autonomously with minimal direction.
- Candidate must be based in Bengaluru, India.
What Sets You Apart
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 2+ Enterprise SaaS company experience.
- 4+ years of software development experience with C#/.NET
- Demonstrable software engineering experience in an agile environment designing, architecting, and implementing robust distributed/scalable
- Experience writing performant, maintainable and scalable Python services
- Experience using Dbt to actualize models
- Experience using and developing on Snowflake
- Experience in Data Engineering including Data Modeling, ETL/ELT, Data Lakes and Data Warehousing on cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS, GCP, etc.
- Experience with one or more data pipeline platforms like Airflow, Stitch, Spark or others