Degreed is looking for a Technical Support Engineer Tier II to join our Client Experience (CX) team. As a Technical Support Engineer Tier II, you will interact directly with Degreed clients and their end-users to ensure that technical issues are resolved quickly and efficiently. You are ready to provide an unparalleled support experience, and you recognize that this role significantly impacts the Degreed client experience and can impact client satisfaction and retention.
This role will report to the Manager, Technical Support Engineering, and will be working remotely within India.
Day in the Life
- Provide technical support to Degreed clients via phone, email, and/or chat platforms; work with end-users to diagnose and resolve routine technical software issues quickly and efficiently.
- Track and document all technical issues and the steps taken to resolve the issue; escalate cases to upper-tier engineers or other CX resources when appropriate.
- Support client questions and issues by gathering data about the problem they are experiencing, analyzing their needs, then research possible resolutions before implementing the best solution to meet the specific situation.
- Stay current with product updates, system changes, and customer support team procedures and best practices.
- The ability to work rotating weekend shifts as needed.
- This description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict other tasks as assigned and is subject to change at any time.
Who You Are
- 1-3 years of experience in technical customer service/technical support or help desk support.
- Proven ability to learn new software quickly for the purpose of supporting end users.
- Effective use of listening skills to develop an understanding of client inquiries and problems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate technical concepts to a non-technical audience. You inspire confidence while leading clients through steps to resolve issues and defuse situations where clients may be frustrated.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills combined with the ability to provide quick resolution to problems.
- Able to work independently, within a team, and cross-functionally to best support the client and/or improve the product.
What Sets You Apart
- Experience with web troubleshooting (i.e., capturing network traces, extracting a .HAR file).
- Experience with SaaS applications and platforms.
- Basic knowledge of API interfaces, SSO, and FTP troubleshooting.
- Experience with ticket management systems and call tracking applications.
- You are passionate about continual learning and sharing knowledge.