Degreed is looking for a Technical Support Engineer to join our Client Experience (CX) team. As a Technical Support Engineer, you will interact directly with Degreed clients and their end-users to ensure that technical issues are resolved quickly and efficiently. You are ready to provide an unparalleled support experience, and you recognize that this role significantly impacts the Degreed client experience and can impact client satisfaction and retention.
This role will report to the Manager of Technical Support, will be working remotely within the United States and comfortable working Pacific Timezone hours.
Day in the Life
- Provide level two technical support to Degreed clients via phone, email, and/or chat platforms; ad-hoc meetings will be used as needed to drive toward successful resolution
- Use technical and product expertise to diagnose and resolve escalated tier II technical software issues quickly and efficiently.
- Track and document all technical issues and the steps taken to resolve the issue; escalate cases to Engineering or other internal teams when appropriate.
- Test and troubleshoot technical end-user and system components like data integrations, SSO authentication etc.
- Refine and improve our technical support processes and procedures to provide top-notch customer support to Degreed clients
- Stay current with product updates, system changes, and customer support team procedures and best practices.
- The ability to work rotating weekend shifts as needed.
- This description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict other tasks as assigned and is subject to change at any time.
Who You Are
- 2-4 years experience providing hands-on technical support at a SaaS company
- 1-3 years experience working with industry standard practices for implementing file feeds, API, webhooks, SSO authentications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate technical concepts to a non-technical audience. You inspire confidence while leading clients through steps to resolve issues and defuse situations where clients may be frustrated.
- Demonstrated creative thinking and problem-solving as it relates to troubleshooting and technical issues.
- Experience partnering cross-functionally with internal experts to resolve issues and identify patterns for client technical requests
What Sets You Apart
- You are passionate about continual learning and sharing knowledge